Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haverty's CC/GE

tag
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Haverty's CC/GE

Wondering if I will have difficulty getting approved for this card after I close? I have other GE accounts but no CL's on my file are large enough for a fulll bedroom set. I can get 18 months to pay off plus manager aggreed to disc. furniture for me even if I miss the sale bc I can't apply for new credit until I close. I am getting a new construction so this is the only major purchase I need to make for my new townhome (haven't had a new bedroom set for over a decade).

Since they pull Tu, I know my score qualifies, but I'm a little heavy on the inquiries due to the mortgage process.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Haverty's CC/GE

@jordanmedical wrote:

Wondering if I will have difficulty getting approved for this card after I close? I have other GE accounts but no CL's on my file are large enough for a fulll bedroom set. I can get 18 months to pay off plus manager aggreed to disc. furniture for me even if I miss the sale bc I can't apply for new credit until I close. I am getting a new construction so this is the only major purchase I need to make for my new townhome (haven't had a new bedroom set for over a decade).

Since they pull Tu, I know my score qualifies, but I'm a little heavy on the inquiries due to the mortgage process.

Looking at your scores you shouldn't have a problem getting approved. You can always have the manager at the store call in to see if they can get you a higher CL if it is too low for what you need.

How long have you had your other 3 GE accounts?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 9
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

That's another worry of mine, all my open GE accts (have 2 closed that are much older) are less than a year old due to the fact that my rebuilding journey started in 2012.

Wally: 7 months

Sams and Amazon: 6 months

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)

Message 3 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jordanmedical wrote:

That's another worry of mine, all my open GE accts (have 2 closed that are much older) are less than a year old due to the fact that my rebuilding journey started in 2012.

Wally: 7 months

Sams and Amazon: 6 months

When do you close on your house??

GE in my experience with them have been more receptive to CLI's / new accounts after you've held some of their products with good use for over 6 months. Since your over 4 statement cuts with those cards I would give the luv button a shot!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 9
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I've been declined from the love button every time I tried in the past couple months. Even when calling in, it got so bad that one time the rep was like "Oh I remember you". I was approved for a 700 cli on my Amazon a couple months ago and nothing since then even with my credit file being better than when I applied.

I should close by the end of this month (fingers crossed)

Message 5 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jordanmedical wrote:

I've been declined from the love button every time I tried in the past couple months. Even when calling in, it got so bad that one time the rep was like "Oh I remember you". I was approved for a 700 cli on my Amazon a couple months ago and nothing since then even with my credit file being better than when I applied.

I should close by the end of this month (fingers crossed)

You said your Amazon card has been open for 7 months right?? That would explain the 1 CLI and none after. You can only get GE luv every 4 statement cuts. When your 8th statement cut comes i'd give a few days after that then call in. If your file is clean you'll get luv!

You should be fine for approval. Good luck to you!!!

I see alot of Haverty's commercials in MD, never seen an actual store tho. I'm gonna look them up might consider it for L/R makeover next year.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 9
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Thank you.

Is the 4 month thing per acct or on any cli?

Message 7 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jordanmedical wrote:

Thank you.

Is the 4 month thing per acct or on any cli?

It is for all GE retail accounts except CareCredit which is 6 months. Every 4 months from last successful CLI.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 9
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

-got a cli on sams and walmart (finally)
Sams by phone 1000 (200 increase)
Walmart by luv button right after statement closed 1100 (400 increase)

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.