Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having a hard time looking for a new CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having a hard time looking for a new CC

Hi all, 

Recently my Chase (ex-wamu cc) was closed with a balance of 3k and a CL of 5k. I don't have any other credit cards and am in need of one for school. I inquired about 2 CCs (Amx and BofA) in early July and got declined for both. I have a car loan at the moment for 14k. And my EQ score is 677 as of today.

Please, I am in need of some advice. 

I will greatly appreciae any suggestions, thoughts, comments, opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Having a hard time looking for a new CC

are looking for credit for convince or make short term loans

if not short loans what are spending habits  might look in cobrand visa or mastercard for a retail store you spend alot at or if drive lot a gas rebate misa/mc ifthe later the you want the lowest possiable APR

Message 2 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

stevetheman wrote:

Hi all, 

Recently my Chase (ex-wamu cc) was closed with a balance of 3k and a CL of 5k. I don't have any other credit cards and am in need of one for school. I inquired about 2 CCs (Amx and BofA) in early July and got declined for both. I have a car loan at the moment for 14k. And my EQ score is 677 as of today.

Please, I am in need of some advice. 

I will greatly appreciae any suggestions, thoughts, comments, opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forums!

I would look for a credit union or inquire with the bank you have accounts with.

Message 3 of 8
kyobakes
New Contributor

if its for school, go with student cards!  Ive never been turned down for one, and have been given very generous limits...
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know folks who have had success recently with no annual fee HSBC and GEMB offerings. You could try the HSBC site prequalify. Doesn't guarantee approval but might give you an idea without a hard pull. I hope you find something. Good luck!
Message 5 of 8
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I would find that number on here for a Chase recon, call it, and beg for a reinstatement. Groveling is in order here.

Whether that works or not I would then join a nice CU.

Message 6 of 8
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I'm betting Cap One would approve you as well.  Watch out for annual fees.
11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 8
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@clocktick wrote:
I'm betting Cap One would approve you as well.  Watch out for annual fees.

Watch out for three hard INQ's and a card with no growth potential as well as the AF's.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.