Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having credit on a credit card.

tag
JCreazy
Established Member

Having credit on a credit card.

On my Amazon store card I had something refunded and it was placed back on the card, I am actually owed money by Amazon now.  Do I have to just spend that money on Amazon or is there something I can do to get that money back?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: Having credit on a credit card.

You should be able to request a check directly from the company, just call up and ask. Are you sure you wouldn't just rather spend it on things from amazon? I've done this before with a store card and it took over a month to get to me.
Message 2 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It really depends on your preference OP.  Either you can have the amount refunded as a check or use it toward a future purchase.

Message 3 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

It really depends on your preference OP.  Either you can have the amount refunded as a check or use it toward a future purchase.

Or sometimes the bank.  Don't recall about Chase (I think they did send me a check once from Amazon after a long time) but US Bank seems to refund checks in the same cycle, without asking.  

Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Or sometimes the bank.  Don't recall about Chase (I think they did send me a check once from Amazon after a long time) but US Bank seems to refund checks in the same cycle, without asking.  

It really depends on the escheatment process and the laws in your state for UCP.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.