Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hawaiian Airlines WEMC Has Arrived...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hawaiian Airlines WEMC Has Arrived...

Chase Freedom Has Arrived... Post: I am more than happy and grateful for the credit approval of my Chase Freedom... YET extremely disappointed with the VERY underwhelming presentation of it's delivery... LOL!!! The presentation was a feeling of "un-importance"... The card I have to admit is purdy - metallic-like!!! I guess I got spoiled with Discover's presentation, or EVEN Victoria Secret's (for that matter - go figure)...?!? I guess (also) I was expecting what I receieved when I opened my checking with Chase as well, upscale-like & VERY professional with it's presentation... All-in-all, It's the card that really matters when it comes down to it!!! YAY!!! It has arrived!!! Smiley LOL

Okay... Smiley LOL (Huge Grin!!!) Not as elaborate as the Discover IT's presentation BUT far more INVITING than the mentioned above!!! Just must be that "Aloha Spirit!!! LOL!!! Yes, the normal white envelope - nothing fancy; wasn't expecting a boxed delivery with a textered bill-fold like card holder... YET this card was nicely applied to a 4-color press photo splashed welcome letter that greeted me with "Mahalo" (which means Thank You!) in big bold font compared the the rest of the print... Now that's a nice touch of making you feel aprreciated & important!!! - regardless if it's a form letter and/or the presentation of an entry level cc (if this is considered just that)... Very Nicely Done!!! Might I mention as well, THIS CARD IS DEFINITELY A BEAUTY!!! Hawaiian Airlines Logo gracing the top left hand corner, below that an EMV chip, WEMC logo (that swirls in the reflection of light) on the bottom right hand corner, with a tone-on-tone plumeria design as it's backdrop!!! I think this card my have taken the title for my PURDIEST one!!! Discover IT is definitely a close-close second (I still love the simplicity & boldeness of it)!!!

WORTHY NOTE: My 2 AMEX's hold up their own for what they are, with an NPSL & $7,500 CL - they are both more than enough as far as I spend credit wise to help me get through with using credit at higher limits (if needed)... BUT My 3 faves are going to be & what I need to pamper & nourish the most: the Chase Freedom, the Discover IT, and of course the new arrival Hawaiian Airlines WEMC!!! The Walmart, I'm kind of glad for my current CL - it's exclusive to just my spending there & keeps me grounded!!! I REALLY wish now (I now understand the postings!!!) that I didn't apply and/or have the C1...!?! BUT overall I'm just glad, happy, & grateful for this credit/card bounceback!!! Most of all, Thank You to myFICO & all who have assisted me in my credit journey!!! Happy Credit Journeys To All!!! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hawaiian Airlines WEMC Has Arrived...

Message 2 of 7
keithB
Established Contributor

Congrats!  I want a MyBankoh card now!!!!! I lived in Hawaii for 5 years and would like a card to strike up the conversation at times Smiley Happy

I mean, seriously, how many people can actually say they lived in paradise for a given time?  Haha, I'm missing the North Shore just thinking about it!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@keithB wrote:

Congrats!  I want a MyBankoh card now!!!!! I lived in Hawaii for 5 years and would like a card to strike up the conversation at times Smiley Happy

I mean, seriously, how many people can actually say they lived in paradise for a given time?  Haha, I'm missing the North Shore just thinking about it!

WOW!!! Funny how you post this!!! I was just looking at it (& BOH) just last night... I then went to First Hawaiian Bank CC's - I currently have a checking with them (long story)... I wanted to get one (FHB CC) in the future but found out that I would have to be a HI resident...?!? LOL!!! So funny to find that out being that I am Hawaiian (born & raised...!?!)(now a NV resident, LV) - LOL!!! & can't get one...!?! Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 7
keithB
Established Contributor

Darn!!!  If you can't then I deffo can't.  I was brought to Hawaii via the military and loved it sooooo much I stayed after I got out. Worked in a building on Kapiolani Blvd in Honolulu.

I was able to hang on for 2 years in Honolulu before moving back to the mainland.  I miss the feel of Hawaii.  I think the slogan was "Aloha Spirit" at the time.  

Perhaps credit card issuers in Hawaii have special restrictions (or benefits) that prevent them from issuing out of state.  Your new card is a Barclays/Bankoh partnership... Maybe that's why it's issued in the mainland and the others can not be.

@Anonymous wrote:

@keithB wrote:

WOW!!! Funny how you post this!!! I was just looking at it (& BOH) just last night... I then went to First Hawaiian Bank CC's - I currently have a checking with them (long story)... I wanted to get one (FHB CC) in the future but found out that I would have to be a HI resident...?!? LOL!!! So funny to find that out being that I am Hawaiian (born & raised...!?!)(now a NV resident, LV) - LOL!!! & can't get one...!?! Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@keithB wrote:

Darn!!!  If you can't then I deffo can't.  I was brought to Hawaii via the military and loved it sooooo much I stayed after I got out. Worked in a building on Kapiolani Blvd in Honolulu.

I was able to hang on for 2 years in Honolulu before moving back to the mainland.  I miss the feel of Hawaii.  I think the slogan was "Aloha Spirit" at the time.  

Perhaps credit card issuers in Hawaii have special restrictions (or benefits) that prevent them from issuing out of state.  Your new card is a Barclays/Bankoh partnership... Maybe that's why it's issued in the mainland and the others can not be.

@Anonymous wrote:

@keithB wrote:

I'm not sure of the BOH CC's - being a HI resident... It's the FHB CC's that you have to be a HI resident... I decided I didn't want the BOH CC's since I already have the HAL WEMC... I just thought it would be nice to have FHB CC since I have a checking with them... Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 7
keithB
Established Contributor

Makes sense, FHB looks like they have a variety of nice cards with decent rewards (better than BoHs).  But I want the BoH Amex with the dolphins - it just looks so nice Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

@keithB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@keithB wrote:

I'm not sure of the BOH CC's - being a HI resident... It's the FHB CC's that you have to be a HI resident... I decided I didn't want the BOH CC's since I already have the HAL WEMC... I just thought it would be nice to have FHB CC since I have a checking with them... Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.