Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up - BofA having trouble updating to CRA's this month

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Heads up - BofA having trouble updating to CRA's this month

I have this link over on General Credit Issues, but I figured I might give a heads-up here as well. Hope no one is waiting for a massive paydown on BofA to help their util, because there might be a bit of a wait. Per the CSR, they don't want to try to update until they get the kinks out.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=108531
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Mythic850
Contributor

Re: Heads up - BofA having trouble updating to CRA's this month

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Hope no one is waiting for a massive paydown on BofA to help their util, because there might be a bit of a wait

Sometimes it doesn't take a massive paydown for the desired results. I'm sitting at FICO score 699 on TU and EQ and promised myself I wouldn't do my mortgage preapproval until all the were above 700 (EX is now at 707). [ I was at 601 last summer and didn't start worry about increasing FICO until mid-Mar when I was in the 610s, so this is a big milestone for me.

At this point I've disputed and goodwilled everying (but can't get any response from CapOne and SallieMae on the remaining TLs). All revolving credit has been paid down to $0 on all accounts except for one and all have reported except for my (usually) ultra-reliable BOA.

I just want that one more point. Hoping to get it as util will go to under 1% and the number of revolving accounts reporting a balance will drop to one. I'm so frustrated by this...

Of course I choose to pay off the BOA because it was set to report first in June and leave the small balance on the CapOne because it already had a balance.

On another note, I also happen to be the beneficiary at the moment of the other current "big" reporting blunder: both my two negative SallieMae TLs have disappeared from EX (can't check the others until tomorrow) and the six good ones stayed.
Message 2 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Ackk! Yep, I knew there would be some people waiting on a BofA update in order to make a move. Hope you get your update soon.

Good luck with the Sallie Mae thing. I'm so grateful that our family always wound up with EdFinancial (formerly EdSouth.) So far, so good.

For anyone else in a critical point needing updated BofA info, do remember that the updated balance does show on your online account, and it's also on the phone option. It's just that the new figure can't influence your scores for now. If you're really down to the wire, try to persuade your lender to check the correct balance that way and take that into account.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA updated on my EQ today. Strange, since EQ seems to be trailing behind TU as of late.
Message 4 of 27
nicemann
Established Contributor

stef37 wrote:
BoA updated on my EQ today. Strange, since EQ seems to be trailing behind TU as of late.

Wow TU is usually the last to update for me.  Usually EX, EQ, TU in that order.
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, EX, EQ, then TU far behind.
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't comment on the BofA reporting situation yet.  My statement just dropped a couple of days ago, so I wouldn't expect them to have updated yet, anyway.

As far as CRAs updating, though, my experience has always been EX within a few days, TU within a week or so, and EQ whenever they get around to it.

Message 7 of 27
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I'll know something within a week.
Message 8 of 27
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I can't comment on the BofA reporting situation yet. My statement just dropped a couple of days ago, so I wouldn't expect them to have updated yet, anyway.
As far as CRAs updating, though, my experience has always been EX within a few days, TU within a week or so, and EQ whenever they get around to it.

Ditto. My statement just dropped as well. My account should report a 0 balance.
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I have always, without fail (well for four months anyway, lol) seen my updated BofA balance appear the day after the statement drops on EX. That's how I knew there was something going on, especially after 3 or 4 days. I also pulled full Ex and EQ yesterday, in case it was a TrueCredit issue.

I'm in the majority of people here that get EX first, then EQ several days later, then TU several days after that, with TU and EQ sometimes trading the caboose role. But we seem to have a good-sized group that consistently get EQ first.

Glad to hear that stef got updated. Maybe the log-jam is beginning to break. Hmmm, that must have happened soon after I called... Smiley Very Happy
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.