Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up - BofA having trouble updating to CRA's this month

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Heads up - BofA having trouble updating to CRA's this month

Just ran TC, and they've updated on EQ only. Weird, because EX and even TU are current on accounts that reported after BofA's date. I'm starting to think that they forgot to report this month! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 27
nicemann
Established Contributor

Looks like they are starting to update for me also.  EX just updated 2 of my five CCs with them.  Nothing on EQ or TU yet.

Message Edited by nicemann on 06-15-2008 06:26 AM
Message 12 of 27
nicemann
Established Contributor

Just noticed they pulled the account information before the 1st and posted it today.  Which sucks because on one of the AMEX I only have a 5K CL and my balance was $1880.  I PIF before the end of the month (29th) but they posted that as my current balance.  Oh well, guess I will have to wait another 30 days.
Message 13 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I think AmEx does that all the time --reports the previous balance. I'm about to find out, because last month they updated on the 14th showing a $0 balance, and the new statement dropped on the 18th, this time with $61. (A post snuck in late.) So I'll see what shows up.

What a weird little bank they are.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 27
Mythic850
Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Ackk! Yep, I knew there would be some people waiting on a BofA update in order to make a move. Hope you get your update soon.

If you're really down to the wire, try to persuade your lender to check the correct balance that way and take that into account.

BOA updated on EX overnight. Don't want to check the other two until Monday. But it looks like I'm getting close now.

Timing is a fuuny thing sometimes. Had BOA reported on-time, I would have done the mortgage app with my two negative Sallie Mae TLs. Since they were late, I held off and I may be rewarded for that (if they stay off another day or two).

I believe my other option if BOA doesn't report quickly to the other two and if my broker thinks being over 700 vs 699 makes a difference would be to use a rapid rescore service.
Message 15 of 27
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Mythic850 wrote:

BOA updated on EX overnight. Don't want to check the other two until Monday. But it looks like I'm getting close now.

What is your statement date?  I'm curious as to when mine will update.

Thanks!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 16 of 27
Scamp
Valued Contributor

My BoA's still haven't updated on any of the 3 CRA's yet - my statement dates are both prior to the 5th of the month...just FWIW in figuring it all out...

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 17 of 27
Mythic850
Contributor

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

@Mythic850 wrote:

What is your statement date?  I'm curious as to when mine will update.

Thanks!

My statement date was June third. As others have pointed out, BOA updates usually show up a day or two later. This time it took almost two weeks.
Message 18 of 27
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Mythic850 wrote:

My statement date was June third. As others have pointed out, BOA updates usually show up a day or two later. This time it took almost two weeks.

Thanks!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 19 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Mine was the fifth, EQ alone updated today (10 days later.)
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.