cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up: Discover and other cardholders --balances reporting more than once a month! (re-titled)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Heads up for Discover cardholders --balance reported twice within 10 days!

I still have not seen anthing but a statement balance-
Are you getting something different?

Anderson wrote:
Sumabeach. I've been holding off on larger charges to Amex because they've been reporting on the 5th of the month for me. Now what do I do? Stupid FICO games.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Heads up for Discover cardholders --balance reported twice within 10 days!

Yes. It's a mystery. Last month should have shown -0- statement balance. Instead it reported a few hundred on the 5th. Still trying to figure it out.

Timothy wrote:
I still have not seen anthing but a statement balance-
Are you getting something different?

Message 12 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Heads up: Discover and other cardholders --balances reporting more than once a month!

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes. It's a mystery. Last month should have shown -0- statement balance. Instead it reported a few hundred on the 5th. Still trying to figure it out.

Can you look on your recent activity screen and see when you had that balance, or has it already moved beyond that point?

Geeze, I hope this is just some sort of one-time posting of Christmas shopping charges, because if not, all this timing stuff is meaningless. And I can see an argument for not doing it that way, but then how do we use our cards? FICO will have to recalculate their norms for what balances and util are typically displayed, because this will skew all their data.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 01-05-2008 05:47 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Heads up: Discover and other cardholders --balances reporting more than once a month!

how u guys know abt the reporting dates,from SW alerts ?any other...

Message 14 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I have TrueCredit, which is a monitoring service from TransUnion. It displays FAKO scores and FAKO advice, which I ignore, but you can pull all three of your credit reports every 24 hours + one minute. They aren't the complete reports --they don't show soft inquiries, for instance --and sometimes things display kind of funky, but the EX and TU reports show the date of balance report as mm/dd/yyyy. The EQ report doesn't, but it also only shows mm/yyyy when you pull directly from them, so that's understandable. The TC reports list all the history on your currently reporting accounts, both open and closed.

A lot of people got banned in the past for pulling reports and were accused of attempted fraudulent activity, but the responding lawsuits seem to have scared TrueCredit off from continued banning. I've read a few posts recently from the newly banned, but not many. I'm surprised they haven't booted me yet as well.

Anyway, when you are first starting out on coordinating your cards and payment schedules, and trying to get false info removed, and just trying to figure out in general what in the heck is going on with your credit history, it's a very useful service. Just be sure to realize that you are getting it for the reports, not for the FAKO scores.

There are other services as well, including PrivacyMatters and National City Identity something-or-other, but I don't know which ones display the mm/dd/yyyy format, which is pretty critical for timing your payments.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 01-05-2008 06:01 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI, National City's Identity Protect (which is True Credit without the ads) displays MM/DD/YYYY for the report date.  Although EQ dates are always reported as MM/01/YYYY.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have not really looked into, am waiting till they report this month to see if it was an anomaly. They are reporting a month behind anyway so it's confusing my organic processor.

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Can you look on your recent activity screen and see when you had that balance, or has it already moved beyond that point?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.