Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up for CFNA / Firestone cardholders

tag
tbolt2
Contributor

Heads up for CFNA / Firestone cardholders

If you are using a CMS, you may want to check it today, especially if you have a high credit limit and have never had a high balance, or utilization is critical....

When I logged in to USAA/Experian's  CMS this morning, I noticed a drop in my total credit limit reported by Experian.   EQ and TU were fine

CFNA  / Firestone reported the highest balance as the credit limit. On my account, thats a 1200.000 difference.....grrrr

This isn't the first time I've had this issue with CFNA. It was reporting this way from day one. I emailed them through the website and they fixed it . Apparently it's broken again.....

My due date /statement date was the 25th and the credit limit is correct on the website. it is a reporting issue

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Heads up for CFNA / Firestone cardholders

@tbolt2 wrote:

If you are using a CMS, you may want to check it today, especially if you have a high credit limit and have never had a high balance, or utilization is critical....

When I logged in to USAA/Experian's  CMS this morning, I noticed a drop in my total credit limit reported by Experian.   EQ and TU were fine

CFNA  / Firestone reported the highest balance as the credit limit. On my account, thats a 1200.000 difference.....grrrr

This isn't the first time I've had this issue with CFNA. It was reporting this way from day one. I emailed them through the website and they fixed it . Apparently it's broken again.....

My due date /statement date was the 25th and the credit limit is correct on the website. it is a reporting issue

Everything I have read in the past says it's always been high balance reporting,... I think mine went inactive because I opened and never used.

Message 2 of 5
tbolt2
Contributor

This card is just under 2 years old. It hasn't seen frequent use, but hasn't been sockdrawered either. It has been reporting the correct credit limit and high balance  to EQ and TU since since day one.

It was reporting incorrectly to EQ since it was issued.

At the time, I wasn't being as obsessive about keeping up with things like utilization, total available credit, etc...so I nvere really noticed. By April 2012 I noticed....... I emailed CFNA and it was corrected some time by 05/06. It had  been reporting correctly since then.

My OCD's dont like uneven credit limits showing on the reports when all three have the account Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 5
namvet
Established Contributor

My firestone card is and always has reported correctly.

Message 4 of 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I don't see how they could be doing this.... per the CARD Act, aren't all credit card issuers REQUIRED to report the ACTUAL credit line????

Maybe you need to warn them ;-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.