Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heavy Metal

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Heavy Metal

I too LOVE this card. Used it today at several places and no comments lol. The card is soo nice though
Message 11 of 18
ddemari
Super Contributor

I too LOVE this card. Used it today at several places for the first time and no comments lol. The card is soo nice though
Message 12 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Went to a restaurant the other day during my lunch from work, had a waiter I've had before, and have handed my ritz card to. He still made a comment about it. Then the owner came over, and proceeded to drop it on the counter 30 times, and play with it. It was a bit awkward,  was there with the guys i work with, and they were like "He's gonna blog about this later" cause they know im credit card obsessed. 

I dont have a blog though, so jokes on them. 

Message 13 of 18
manyquestions
Established Contributor

I'm tempted to get one but I'm trying to not apply for new cards. I don't stay at Ritz hotels so for me it would be an expensive toy.  I guess I could use the points at Marriot but I think I might have a hard time coming up with enough airline expenses to take full advantage of that feature of the card.   Sounds like everyone finds it entertaining though.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@manyquestions wrote:

I'm tempted to get one but I'm trying to not apply for new cards. I don't stay at Ritz hotels so for me it would be an expensive toy.  I guess I could use the points at Marriot but I think I might have a hard time coming up with enough airline expenses to take full advantage of that feature of the card.   Sounds like everyone finds it entertaining though.

Airline expenses are easy. Just check out the guide and figure out what applies to you. Tote an extra bag just to make full use of it.

Message 15 of 18
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

I get comments all the time, most of the time they say "Oh you must be doing very well then to have such a card" 

I think to myself, yeah I wish my 42k income qualified as "doing very well" lol 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Strogen wrote:

I get comments all the time, most of the time they say "Oh you must be doing very well then to have such a card" 

I think to myself, yeah I wish my 42k income qualified as "doing very well" lol 

Lol..

How I wish the PRG, and Plat were Metal.

Message 17 of 18
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

I used my ex boss's centurion (black) AMEX once & the girl in the store didn't want to take it.  She was pretty sure it wasn't a real card b/c it was metal.  haha

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.