Did you mean: 

Hello All AMEX IS THE DEVIL

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Hello All AMEX IS THE DEVIL

@Cory wrote:

WoW!

Someone's card was cancelled after only three years...

Fixed... keep using your card and building history with Amex.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 11 of 32
Cory
Established Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@Cory wrote:

WoW!

Someone's card was cancelled after only three years...

Fixed... keep using your card and building history with Amex.

Did I type three years? I meant to type three weeks. Sorry, lol. I probaly should have never gotten the card in the first place. The only reason I did apply was because of the mighty "AMEX" name brand. Not a reason to get one, but hey you know I was desperate. I thought I would feel good pulling one of those out of my wallet. But when a moment of truth hits, no one never looks at it or cares. Okay, so I'm a little bit sarcastic.

The charges I could utilize are $150.00 every two weeks on it for food every two weeks, and pay in full. All of my other monthly bills are set-up directly to other card for usage. I plan was to just let the card sit in the back row of my wallet.

Message 12 of 32
score_building
Senior Contributor

Cory, sorry if I misunderstood, I thought you meant the OPs cards were closed after three weeks, so I changed it to show that OP said he had his cards for three years.  sorry if you were talking about something else, I'm also a fan of a full migration to CU but will keep the big boys active for diversity.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, They pulled my experian that shows a balance history on Discover and although I PIF, 2 Months ago I paid 2 days before statement cut. They saw at "risk" and closed all three!!! I dont care at this point, they robbed me of 20,000 membership points, 44K of Delta Miles, and 22K of Credit. I dont want to rejoin that group of morons, Others can disagree but they SUCK. I cant wait to get the letter and read the bs! On another note, anyone have suggestions for another card? Also when will the CRA be informed as all are still showing as open?

Message 14 of 32
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I know you're incensed at them now (and you have every right to be), but since you lost all those points, I'd be calling back and politely but firmly escalating.

If the only thing that has happened was a balance posting on Discover, this shouldn't have happened. I've had balances posting on other cards while I had AmEx cards, including some good-sized balances due to BT's, and they've never said a word.

I think that back when AmEx first starting chopping accounts not quite two years ago, some members were able to at least get their rewards points back, but it took a lot of work. (And it might well have been Citi or one of the others.)

But I'd be furious at losing all those accumulated points, and I sure wouldn't want to walk away quietly. Good luck.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 32
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

Yes they cancelled my card after 3 weeks. I will pay them in full and call back to see if they will reinstate my account. Im going to be super pissed if they say no. They had better refund my 25 pack fees and my 15 extra card fees too. Im not going to be out all that money and them not reopen my cards. Amex is the devil like the post said. Smiley Mad

Credit conscience!
Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to the second above post....I was able to get my DELTA points but no membership rewards....Thank god they agreed to at least give my miles as I can get two plane tickets to Chicago now! I am eagerly waiting for the letter, and I don't want to violate TOS but the "outsourced" personnel are not exactly clear when asked why account was closed....Hmmhmm but whatever I am over AMEX, just a CC I applied for the Nationwide and was approved just now. Didn't say how much hopefully this card will be stable. Thanks 

Message 17 of 32
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

I will keep you and the board posted when i recieve my letter, please do the same.

Credit conscience!
Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey man sorry this happened to you. I hope the new CC gives you a great limit. 

My brother has amex but he also has a charles schawb card and he says that it has better rewards. Possibly check that out with your scores. 

Let us know what your limit is.

Message 19 of 32
Cory
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to the second above post....I was able to get my DELTA points but no membership rewards....Thank god they agreed to at least give my miles as I can get two plane tickets to Chicago now! I am eagerly waiting for the letter, and I don't want to violate TOS but the "outsourced" personnel are not exactly clear when asked why account was closed....Hmmhmm but whatever I am over AMEX, just a CC I applied for the Nationwide and was approved just now. Didn't say how much hopefully this card will be stable. Thanks 

Hi CristoSullivan,

I am so, so sorry to hear that AMEX did that to you. You should try PENFED CREDIT UNION for a card.  With your scores, you should be able to get any card you desire.

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.