Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello CSP, Goodbye Merrick!!!!!

tag
THenry
Established Member

Hello CSP, Goodbye Merrick!!!!!

I have come a long way in a short time thanks to this forum. In the last 3 months I have increased my available credit from $3250 to  $47000!!! I was just approved for CSP and Amex True Earnings this week. It was time to say goodbye to Merrick Bank and also my Direct Rewards Discover. They gave me credit years ago when no one really would, but they remained unchanged. Capital One is getting the ax next since they refuse to cancel the annual fees on the 2 cards I have with them. As another post put it...."Grow or Die" Smiley Very Happy

NFCU Flagship Signature - AMEX True Earnings - Citi Executive WEMC - Chase Hyatt - Chase Sapphire Preferred - Capital One Quicksilver - Capital One Platinum
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: Hello CSP, Goodbye Merrick!!!!!

CONGRATSSmiley LOL

Message 2 of 9
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 9
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Congrats, that's amazing!

@THenry wrote:

I have come a long way in a short time thanks to this forum. In the last 3 months I have increased my available credit from $3250 to  $47000!!! I was just approved for CSP and Amex True Earnings this week. It was time to say goodbye to Merrick Bank and also my Direct Rewards Discover. They gave me credit years ago when no one really would, but they remained unchanged. Capital One is getting the ax next since they refuse to cancel the annual fees on the 2 cards I have with them. As another post put it...."Grow or Die" Smiley Very Happy

edited for formatting lol

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 4 of 9
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!   It's nice to prune out the rebuilders

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 9
THenry
Established Member

Thanks everyone. This was the last card I wanted. I had pre-qualification for freedom and slate so I thought now was the time. I apped in the branch so I ended up getting the targeted offer for 40,000 points after $2000 spend. Im going to the garden for at least a year so these new accounts can age well.

NFCU Flagship Signature - AMEX True Earnings - Citi Executive WEMC - Chase Hyatt - Chase Sapphire Preferred - Capital One Quicksilver - Capital One Platinum
Message 7 of 9
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@THenry wrote:

Congrats on your success Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 8 of 9
hot4u
Established Contributor

Awesome Amex and CSP Smiley Wink

See you in the garden

@THenry wrote:

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.