Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Im New To The Forums And Have A question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Im New To The Forums And Have A question

I Had  A capital one card     i think  last  year   around  october  the first  of 2011  but  i closed  like  4  months  after  i know  it was  dumb  i dint really  care  about  credit cards  or credit  at all  and the dumb  credit card  was expencive  they where  doing  all type of fees and stuff  so i closed   but before  that  i card  i aplied like in 7  diferent places  and was denied  so  those inquiries  are on my  credit  for now  dont know  how long they last there tough.....sorry  i got  off the question silly me  well  i just  check  my fico score  here in this website  and it shows  701 on equifax  and  698 on transunion  and  well  i check the experian website  and says 697  so i dont even know  if those are good scores  i  would like to know  for  what type of credit card could i get  now  with less fees or if it is even possible to get one   i have and income of 38500 $  a year  around that  and i would like to get a house on the future  as well  thanks  guys  sorry  for the long message 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Hello Im New To The Forums And Have A question

Those scores are okay.  But scores aren't everything.  I would compare your score to a B in first grade.  B is a great grade but its still only first grade.

I was a little unclear.  What cards do you have right now?  Is that Capital One still open?  What limit and open when?  Also, any negatives on your credit reports like late payments, charge offs, etc.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont have  any credit cards open   and i have never had  credit  before of any type  so  i dont have  nothing bad on my reports    the last card was capitalone  never a missed a payment with them   either    was  open  for 300  i think   never  when  over the limit

Message 3 of 17
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Do you have any money you can afford to tie up for 6 months or so?  Getting high limit via secured card will jumpstart your credit.  Its okay if you don't, but just have to do it the slower way.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Does The Secured  Card  Work  Im  really  new to all  this  all i know  is from  this forum  and  just  what  i have been readin here today ??     I heard Many People  Talking About  The American Express  Credit Cards  Specially  Here  In This  Forum  How Can I get One Of this Cards  ?????

Message 5 of 17
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Highly doubtful you would get Amex right now.  Give it 6 months if you follow plan.  Can you answer question about coming up with money for deposit?  Also, do you have Walmartendear you and do you shop there?

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea  i sure can  get   with  some  cash for deposit    i will follow  you  advice  what do you recommend  ??????

Message 7 of 17
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Can you give me idea how much you can get?  Also Walmart?

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

what about  walmart  yea  theres many walmarts around here  i live in L A county   Smiley Happy  and  i guess like  1000  would that be ok or i need  more  i can put up 2    2000  if need  it  

Message 9 of 17
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Do you have relationship with bofa? Checking etc?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.