tag
vpae
Established Contributor

Re: Hello Kitty Visa Platinum Reward Card

@mongstradamus wrote:

@vpae wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

@vpae wrote:
Unfortunately not, she doesn't like to call, lol. She doesn't understand my obsession, haha. So she's perfectly fine with waiting for the mail to come. I had to push and beg when she called right after she applied. I hopefully we hear back soon!

But it's HELLO KITTY !!!!    Ok, ok, we'll wait it out....Cat Very Happy

SHE GOT APPROVED! I showed her your post and said "But it's HELLO KITTY !!!!" and she decided to call. They said she was approved for $10K. She then proceeded to say she is obsessed with hello kitty and how she would be able to get all 5 card designs. Like, if she called in for a replacement, would she be able to order a different design or would it be the same one. They said it would be the same one. But I'm sure she's going to try anyway when she gets her card... Cat Tongue

They sent out the info on the 5th, she should have it soon.

gratz on the card , i dont recall if its just an basic 1 dollar for 1 % card ? Or is there anything else special about it ?

Yeah, it's just a 1% card, with the exception of sanrio.com purchases at 2%. When I said that, my fiance said it's special because it's hello kitty. lol Cat LOL

@pizzadude wrote:

@vpae wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

But it's HELLO KITTY !!!!    Ok, ok, we'll wait it out....Cat Very Happy

SHE GOT APPROVED! I showed her your post and said "But it's HELLO KITTY !!!!" and she decided to call. They said she was approved for $10K. She then proceeded to say she is obsessed with hello kitty and how she would be able to get all 5 card designs. Like, if she called in for a replacement, would she be able to order a different design or would it be the same one. They said it would be the same one. But I'm sure she's going to try anyway when she gets her card... Cat Tongue

They sent out the info on the 5th, she should have it soon.

Haha that's great news Cat LOL!!! I'm glad my powers of persuasion are that strong !!  Big congrats to her on the approval, 10K is a really nice starting limit !!!

yeah, lol, thank you! Smiley Happy otherwise we would be waiting another week to know. and we agree, 10K is a lot, we weren't expecting that. She's not going to bother trying to recon for a higher limit, she she doesn't intend on doing any BT or carrying a balance. I think she just wants this card to have it in her wallet. 

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 31 of 37
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

congrats on your fiancee's approval buddy! nice starting limit and im sure she is stoked!!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 32 of 37
jigglypuff
Regular Contributor

I think I need this, too... hmm

Green Card: NPSL | Freedom VS: $5K | Discover it: $25K | Quicksilver Platinum MC: $6K | Victoria's Secret Angel Forever: $3.15K | Sapphire Preferred VS: $7.3K | Dividend Platinum Select V: $9K | Barclaycard Rewards MC: $1.5K | Cash Rewards Platinum Plus V: $2.5K | Slate V: $500 | Target REDcard: $1.5K | Amex EveryDay: $18K | Blue Cash Everyday: $18K | Fidelity Rewards VS: $9K | Double Cash WMC: $12.8K | Better Balance Rewards Platinum Plus MC: $7.5K | Ebates Cash Back VS: $8K | Nordstrom VS: $10K | Sallie Mae WMC: $5K | FNBO American Express 6.25%: $11.7K | Quicksilver VS: $10.75K | SaksFirst Store Card: $2.25K | Saks WEMC: $8K | Iberia Bank Visa Classic: $8.5K | Blispay V: $7.5K
Message 33 of 37
tmeach
Established Member

I am so jealous.  I know I will not qualify for it and I don't think DH would agree it is practical for us right now.  BUT IT'S HELLO KITTY! Smiley Very Happy

Message 34 of 37
vpae
Established Contributor

So my fiance's hello kitty card came today, the design/card looks great.

One thing that caught my eye is a separate letter that it came with. It says

"Start using your card right away to earn one point for every dollar spent and two points for every dollar of interest bill to your account."

It doesn't mention anything about the Sanrio.com shopping at 2x points. I've also never head of two points for every dollar of interest billed on any other card. Has anyone ever heard of this? I guess they want you to carry a balance? 

<fixed typo>

Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 35 of 37
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@vpae wrote:

It doesn't mention anything about the Sanrio.com shopping at 2x points. I've also never head of two points for every dollar of interest billed on any other card. Has anyone ever heard of this? I guess they want you to carry a balance?

Not about interest, but Citi Dividend gives you 1% cashback on cash advances. Not that you should do it.

Message 36 of 37
vpae
Established Contributor

Last update.

Just got the letter that says congratulations, she's been approved (funny, we already got the card).

Equifax was pulled according to the letter. Scoring ranges from 250 to 900. Her score was 801.

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.