Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, my name is Meanmchine and I am a card snob

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Hello, my name is Meanmchine and I am a card snob

I went into the garden 10 months ago. Back then, I had 2-4 charge offs per report still reporting. I decided to garden til all these baddies fell off my reports before anymore apping. HOPEFULLY, EX and EQ will be clean April 1st. TU is clean now

I remember what my wish cards were back then

Wanted my Wally store card to promote to MC

Wanted my SamsClub to likewise promote.

I wanted a TRV from Comenity

I wanted  Disney from Chase

I wanted Best Sam card. One of the best looking cards

I wanted a Williams Sonoma Card

and I wanted a Mervel card

But now, my tastes have changed. Plese know this, that I dont fly anymore and rarely stay in a hotel

In no particular order

Citi DC

US Bank Cash+

Discover

Banco Do Brazil ( nice card )

M Life ( for an in with FNBO )

and a holdover from my old wishlist, the Williams-Sonoma Visa

If I were offered an upgrade to my Wally SC and my SamsClub to MCs, Id decline

Im beginning to feel like Niles Crane recommanding a place for dinner.

BTW this is day 304 in the garden. I might stick it out here til Sept where Ill be 4/5 if I were to build up the nerve to apply, Chase hated me last year so who knows now.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
16 REPLIES 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Hello, my name is Meanmchine and I am a card snob

You're not alone, @Meanmchine, I think there are probably more than a few of us in the same situation... and it's not a bad place to be.  Smiley Wink

I now routinely find myself passing over cards that used to be well beyond my reach. Smiley Happy

I'm thankful to the community here for giving me guidance at a time when it would have been so easy to end up with a wallet full of duds or cards that otherwise wouldn't have been the best choice for me.

Message 2 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good for you MM. Unfortunately, many of us start off wanting the Wally or Sams MC but by the time we qualify for it we have already gotten other cards that fill that void so to me makes no sense apping again for a card that my store card can do .

What is this Mervel card you speak of? Smiley Wink Good luck on your journey. Ill forever be LOLWUT/24 for Chase Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your ever improving credit. I do understand the snob thing. I turned down the pre-approval on Marvel because I'm a DC fan. Never wanted the upgrade on my WM card. I don't like (read hate) WM, but I do realize it is a necessary evil and don't want them to make money off of me if I used the card elsewhere.

Message 4 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Go SupermanSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchinewrote:

I went into the garden 10 months ago. Back then, I had 2-4 charge offs per report still reporting. I decided to garden til all these baddies fell off my reports before anymore apping. HOPEFULLY, EX and EQ will be clean April 1st. TU is clean now

I remember what my wish cards were back then

Wanted my Wally store card to promote to MC

Wanted my SamsClub to likewise promote.

I wanted a TRV from Comenity

I wanted  Disney from Chase

I wanted Best Sam card. One of the best looking cards

I wanted a Williams Sonoma Card

and I wanted a Mervel card

But now, my tastes have changed. Plese know this, that I dont fly anymore and rarely stay in a hotel

In no particular order

Citi DC

US Bank Cash+

Discover

Banco Do Brazil ( nice card )

M Life ( for an in with FNBO )

and a holdover from my old wishlist, the Williams-Sonoma Visa

If I were offered an upgrade to my Wally SC and my SamsClub to MCs, Id decline

Im beginning to feel like Niles Crane recommanding a place for dinner.

BTW this is day 304 in the garden. I might stick it out here til Sept where Ill be 4/5 if I were to build up the nerve to apply, Chase hated me last year so who knows now.

Really If I were a snob I wouldn't have any of the cards you have (Well maybe the Disney for the 200 sign up if I get desperate).  If you don't travel you can still get 400 dollars cash sign up bonus for Bank of America Premium Rewards.  500 dollars sign up from Chase Saphire Preferred.  You could use Amex PRG sign-up to get a 500 dollars gift card.  Same with Citi Thank You Premier.  If you want cash Back Amex BCE and BCP would get you 4.5 percent on groceries. Plus you get sign up bonuses on both cards. 

Williams Sonoma isn't a bad card as it gives you 5 percent back.  

Message 6 of 17
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@Meanmchine

Really If I were a snob I wouldn't have any of the cards you have (Well maybe the Disney for the 200 sign up if I get desperate).  If you don't travel you can still get 400 dollars cash sign up bonus for Bank of America Premium Rewards.  500 dollars sign up from Chase Saphire Preferred.  You could use Amex PRG sign-up to get a 500 dollars gift card.  Same with Citi Thank You Premier.  If you want cash Back Amex BCE and BCP would get you 4.5 percent on groceries. Plus you get sign up bonuses on both cards. 

Williams Sonoma isn't a bad card as it gives you 5 percent back.  

There might be some small confusion. My OLD wish list is simply the list of cards I wanted to add to my wallet in 2016. I have none of those cards in my wallet.

I do have the BCE and it is my main driver. If my stepdaughter and family ever move back in, then I would upgrde to BCP for groceries. I nervously put the DC card on my list but Im afraid Citi might have issues with my current income level.  Let  me add Blispy to the bottom of the wish list. I dont like the unable to verify excuses Ive seen out of them so Ill procede with caution here.

Thanks for your input Frog !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 17
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

One day I aspire to get a really good CreditOne or First Premier card. I will have arrived.

Message 8 of 17
arkane
Established Contributor

I wonder what BS reason Last Inferior First Premier would decline you with if you applied with a >800 FICO? FICO score too outstanding? Smiley LOL

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 9 of 17
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
Go SupermanSmiley Happy

Beware of the kryptonite metal cards !

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.