cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Re: Is AMX losing their prestigious reputation for lowering their rewards standard?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is AMEX losing their prestigious reputation for lowering their reward standards?

@smallfry wrote:

Woody Allen..  Wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have him.

That quote came immediately to my mind when I read the thread title Smiley Happy.

@TheCreditKid: If you do not spend much and live near a Costco, I would look into Amex's TrueEarnings card. That is the best Amex rewards card for people who do not spend much. Use your Zync for a while and then look into that.

@People who may be offended by the thread: Think a moment about it. Any way you look at it, the Zync is the living example that Amex got over their credit crunch panic and, let's face it, lowered their entry bar to approval in order to broaden their customer base again, after they had used very strict credit standards during the credit crisis. They just adapt to the market, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Message 32 of 36
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is AMEX losing their prestigious reputation for lowering their reward standards?

I think that was an extremely insightful video on AmEX Zync Charge Card vs. a Credit Card.  A lot of key points were mentioned and will help people determine the real purpose of owning the card.  I will start with the Zync card simply because it's a foot in the door with AmEX, I'm credit gardening now and and this will be a great step in reaching my final goal.   

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is AMEX losing their prestigious reputation for lowering their reward standards?ternet

The internet is serious business.

Message 34 of 36
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@smallfry wrote:

Woody Allen..  Wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have him.

Actually it was Groucho Marx who first said: "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members".

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 35 of 36
Allen123
Established Member

Zync fills the gap left by Amex when they discontinued Blue for Students a few years ago.  It had no annual fee and for users still with the card, it has an annual less than that of the current blue card rate, and it has the exact same benefits.  I keep it around as my secondary.  No point converting to blue even though I graduated.   

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.