Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Member

Help AE CC

They got me again! 

American Eagle offered 15% off when I apply for a card and I needed some jeans. Hindsight tells me I should not of. 

Anyways I did not get the instant approve because I had a secruity alert on TU/EX. Got a call from GE Retail confirmed some info and told me being considered for AE Store and AE Visa. 

I was approved for $700 CL but she didn't specify which one she just said congratulations you have been approved card will arrive 5-7 business days. 

How do I contact her??

On my Experian report it is already been reported as new account! It has been 1 day lol! But I do know it is being listed as a "Charge Account" and I have Cap1 that says Credit Card

so did I get the **bleep**ty AE Store only?

EQ/637
TU/616
EXP/659

Re: Help AE CC

I would just call up and ask. Check the backdoor thread for a GE number and give em your info and ask if you got the store or visa card Smiley Tongue 

Established Member

If I got the store card can I tell them I do not want it and remove inquiry? lol or try again for Visa? 

EQ/637
TU/616
EXP/659

They definitely won't remove the inquiry. It's not like the inquiry was made in error, you applied for the card for the discount. You can of course close the account, but that seems like a little bit of a waste. Also, afaik, GECRB is not very good with recons. Remember though, it is a GE card, which means it will grow with you, and maybe even get upgraded to the visa version after a year or two. 

Established Contributor

If I may I would like to ask a question. Since there is a security freeze on your report(S) how did they verify your info? I know someone with the freezes on all 3 and she cant get no credit because of that. Any and all info will be helpfully. Thanks in advance

Established Member

[ Edited ]

At first it is basics, SSN. DoB. Full name. confirm address. 

Then the questions become similar to the bureau's security questions like

Person owns property or lives in the following city

A.

B

C

D

None of the above

Which of the following cities are you associated with

A

B

C

D

None of the above 

and so on and so forth all are multiple choice if you are the person you claim to be you should answer them correctly unless you have discrepancies on your credit report which might be the case for your friend. If so I recommend purchasing your credit reports for all three and check them carefully.

EQ/637
TU/616
EXP/659

Established Contributor

Thanks for the info. She has all 3. At this point I sure its safe to say no one was interested in extending her credit which may be the reason she hasnt got a call

Valued Contributor

you cant just call and have it removed. 

you apped your stuck with it. 

ge grows really well with you and can get a soft pull cli every four months. (what i plan on doing with ae and walmart.)

if you shop alot at ae its still a good card to show you can pay on time or pif if you wanted. 

i got 400 on ae in july but got a citizens Bank mastercard for 2k limit in august. so anything can happen. 

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9

2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Senior Contributor

With a $700 CL, the likelihood is that you got the store card; though the Visa is possible. You could call their 800# and ask or just wait to get it in the mail.

GE is notoriously fast at reporting new accts. It's like the speed of light!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Valued Contributor

If your GE account number starts with a 4, then it is likely you have Visa. Otherwise store card.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.