Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! AmEx Underwriting Review??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! AmEx Underwriting Review??

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Holy **** that is a ton of spend! May I ask, is that personal, or business spend? Because if you're running business expenses through your personal cards, that is a big no no with Amex.

This could be it... I spend both my personal and private business expenses on the card because my SPG Biz only has a 3k credit limit. I've had it since September but every time I try to do a CLI I've applied it to the Personal instead because the Personal I've had for 6 months longer it was easier to do a CLI with something that has a larger CL if that makes sense... Personal started out with $3.5K CL and then I did two every six months, but once you do one for the personal you can't for the business. So maybe this is the reason

Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

It isn't a FR review yet as your account's aren't frozen although they might want to see your 4506-t's or some other method of proof of income as your are running alot through.  I would definitely give them a call and not blow it off.  Let us know the outcome of the call please.  Runnign business expenses though your person to have such high spend?  Might be the reason for the call as well as they might be curious and possibly wanting you to go business card route?

Thank you maybe this is it. I've notated above why I haven't spent it on my business card (I can't quote multiple people in one post w my phone I think, sorry for the numerous replies)

do you think though this was probably triggered by the new PRG account opening and too much spend on it before 1 month? I was reading and searching and it seems this flags AmEx a lot

Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

92K ? Smiley Surprised 

It could be them wondering what you are doing and maybe trying to get you to use another type of card or raise your limit. 92k, that is insane. 

For my personal business partially 

I thought about this too because clearly I cannot stay within my limit for SPG but then thought if they were going to raise my limit they would just issue an auto CLI wouldn't they 

Message 13 of 31
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

92K ? Smiley Surprised 

It could be them wondering what you are doing and maybe trying to get you to use another type of card or raise your limit. 92k, that is insane. 

I thought about this too because clearly I cannot stay within my limit for SPG but then thought if they were going to raise my limit they would just issue an auto CLI wouldn't they 

if you provide the requested documentation, and they were satisfied, they would just give you the auto CLI they are feel you are worthy of.  Not sure of AMEX internals but they may need to transfer you to another team to increase CL on the Biz card but i'm sure AMEX values your business and will treat you right, a 1 million a year in card swipes is nothing to sneeze at. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 14 of 31
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

92K ? Smiley Surprised 

i bet you have a butt-ton of points or whatever it is that AMEX gives as rewards. You could probably travel around the world. lol

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Holy **** that is a ton of spend! May I ask, is that personal, or business spend? Because if you're running business expenses through your personal cards, that is a big no no with Amex.

This could be it... I spend both my personal and private business expenses on the card because my SPG Biz only has a 3k credit limit. I've had it since September but every time I try to do a CLI I've applied it to the Personal instead because the Personal I've had for 6 months longer it was easier to do a CLI with something that has a larger CL if that makes sense... Personal started out with $3.5K CL and then I did two every six months, but once you do one for the personal you can't for the business. So maybe this is the reason

PS to the above though it's not like I don't spend on the SPG Biz, I try the best I can but I usually tire out at around 12k spend per cycle because of all of the multiple payments (the spend max on this is 6k with the 3k CL before it starts to decline me. So I will make about one mid cycle payment after spending 6 and then go through again and then go back to personal)

I will call them later today as I just got the two emails yesterday but it's stressing me out a bit and I like to anticipate things beforehand

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

92K ? Smiley Surprised 

i bet you have a butt-ton of points or whatever it is that AMEX gives as rewards. You could probably travel around the world. lol

Haha indeed I do rack up a significant amount of points but that's why I try to stick to SPG these last few months after the Marriott merger announcement and not knowing what's going to happen to SPG I want to earn as many of those as possible as they are the most versatile rewards points with so many airline transfer partners and the 20% transfer bonus for most airlines. 

My monthly spend is about $120 to $150k across both personal and my business but it is a set amount and doesn't increase but it is allocated by me accordingly based on what I want to earn that month. So for example because of the PRG spend, this past month I allotted $0 spend on my Citi Executive Aadvantage MC which last month was $55k spend since that spend amount got re-allotted to PRG if that makes sense. And my Barclay Aviator spend was reduced to 1/3 ($11k from $30k) because of the increased SPG spend last month. In this way my spend is still set and doesn't go over

if I could somehow relay this articulately to AmEx perhaps they would think I am less of a risk since it's not like I am technically spending more it just gets re-allocated...

Message 17 of 31
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

92K ? Smiley Surprised 

Haha indeed I do rack up a significant amount of points but that's why I try to stick to SPG these last few months after the Marriott merger announcement and not knowing what's going to happen to SPG I want to earn as many of those as possible as they are the most versatile rewards points with so many airline transfer partners and the 20% transfer bonus for most airlines. 

My monthly spend is about $120 to $150k across both personal and my business but it is a set amount and doesn't increase but it is allocated by me accordingly based on what I want to earn that month. So for example because of the PRG spend, this past month I allotted $0 spend on my Citi Executive Aadvantage MC which last month was $55k spend since that spend amount got re-allotted to PRG if that makes sense. And my Barclay Aviator spend was reduced to 1/3 ($11k from $30k) because of the increased SPG spend last month. In this way my spend is still set and doesn't go over

if I could somehow relay this articulately to AmEx perhaps they would think I am less of a risk since it's not like I am technically spending more it just gets re-allocated...

They really don't care what you spend it on, or how you divide your spend (bussiness vs personal spend asside), they only care that you have attained the funds legally, and you have funds availible to pay them back. Secondarily that you continue to use your AMEX cards as much as possible.  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 18 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya most likely they are going to question why business expenses are on personal CC's.  I am guessing that is why they want to speak to you and where it goes form there, not sure.  That is alot of spend on a personal PRG per month which raised a red fled of some sort most likely.  Call them up is the only way you can know for sure

Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I will call them. I don't know why things like this stress me out so much
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.