Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! Applied for 3 credit cards in 1 month

tag
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Re: Help!!! Applied for 3 credit cards in 1 month

*threshold.Smiley Tongue  Thanks for the spell check.  It's been a long nightSmiley LOL

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 26
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

so how many cards total do you have now? i would get rid of that credit one card being it doesnt have a grace period and comes with a monthly fee and most likely an annual fee

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 12 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I agree, but I think she should wait until after the mortgage to close that account. Right now that payment history will help her get more points, its worth a few dollars if it gets her to closing.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 26
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

so how many cards total do you have now? i would get rid of that credit one card being it doesnt have a grace period and comes with a monthly fee and most likely an annual fee

GREAT ADVICE and Webhopper too about not running up cards or apping until your loan has funded unless you get table funding.

Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 14 of 26
praise123
Contributor

I have 5 cards total, but I have a mortgage and car loan.  Why get rid  of Credit One?  I am afraid that closing out the account will cause some big challenges on the score.

Message 15 of 26
praise123
Contributor

That's what I was thinking, but I don't think anyone really answered my question about if my score will drop 20 points or more from this adding credit cards.  I am really stressed and worried.  How soon can I tell what the impact will be.  I just pulled TRAN FICO and the inquiries are not on there as of yet.

Message 16 of 26
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@praise123 wrote:

I have 5 cards total, but I have a mortgage and car loan.  Why get rid  of Credit One?  I am afraid that closing out the account will cause some big challenges on the score.

doesnt your credit one have no grace period? also it has a monthly fee right?

Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 17 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

You'll have to wait until they start reporting to really know what the impact will be.  No way to guess there.  I had to wait like 4 weeks for my Chase card to start reporting. It reported about 10 days before the first payment was due if that helps

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 18 of 26
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@praise123 wrote:

That's what I was thinking, but I don't think anyone really answered my question about if my score will drop 20 points or more from this adding credit cards.  I am really stressed and worried.  How soon can I tell what the impact will be.  I just pulled TRAN FICO and the inquiries are not on there as of yet.

how many new accounts did you add 4? credit one chase macy's and target correct?

Message 19 of 26
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Drop the Credit one card.  You should be fine.  You will take the hit for the inquiry, but they will take the card off your report so it won't affect AAoA.  

Rule of thumb is no cards with fees unles Amex and such.Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.