Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! BOA won't do product change without new application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! BOA won't do product change without new application

I can't believe this is happening to me. I signed up for the BankAmericard reward visa. cs rep. confirmed it would report a limit. I get the card in the mail and sure enough it is a signature card and it is reported as flex spending. I have called  the number on the back of the card several times to do a product change and I keep getting switched to the cc application department. They keep saying I have to do a new application.

any advise?

thanks

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! BOA won't do product change without new application

You may want to look through the backdoor pages to find a number that currently works and call again. I was able to change from a MC to Amex with them. It took a bit of getting transferred to someone who was willing and able, but it eventually was done.
Message 2 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am surprised this is happening. Most members in this forum said they were able to do it with no complications.

@Anonymous wrote:
You may want to look through the backdoor pages to find a number that currently works and call again. I was able to change from a MC to Amex with them. It took a bit of getting transferred to someone who was willing and able, but it eventually was done.

Message 3 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

An updated backdoor # for BoA: (888) 831-4181

I've seen some post that people have had problems, but I know it can be done unless something happened very recently. Try calling again. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the updated number. I will keep trying.

@Anonymous wrote:

An updated backdoor # for BoA: (888) 831-4181

I've seen some post that people have had problems, but I know it can be done unless something happened very recently. Try calling again. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 45
Takunda1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't believe this is happening to me. I signed up for the BankAmericard reward visa. cs rep. confirmed it would report a limit. I get the card in the mail and sure enough it is a signature card and it is reported as flex spending. I have called  the number on the back of the card several times to do a product change and I keep getting switched to the cc application department. They keep saying I have to do a new application.

any advise?

thanks

request to "convert your card" to ..... it's all in the words you use.
Message 6 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. Keep your words simple. lol     Some CSRs are kinda slow.

Took me three calls before my product change was done.

Message 7 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does BOA usually require to change and account?  Can you go from a MC/Visa to, say, AMEX?
Message 8 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What does BOA usually require to change and account?  Can you go from a MC/Visa to, say, AMEX?

See what I wrote in the second post of this thread. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA is good with product changes.

I switched my Visa Gold to WorldPoints in April. Last week, I requested a product change to Americard which gets me an extra .25% for having a checking account with them.

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.