Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! BofA Cash Rewards

tag
ma124

Help! BofA Cash Rewards

Hi guys,

I recently got approved for Bank of America Cash Rewards Student and the sign-up bonus is $100 after speding $500 in 90 days. I do want that bonus but is there a way to get that bonus without actually spending $500? Like purchasing $500 gift cards for my Amex prepaid or some other prepaid cards? I am a student and I do not have any big purchasing plan recently.

Thanks!

Discover IT; BoA Cash Rewards; Amex HHonors; Amex Platinum; Amex Platinum Starwood; Barclaycard Arrival; Chase Sapphire Pref

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Re: Help! BofA Cash Rewards

If the Amex prepaid you have is the Bluebird, then the answer is yes. If you do a quick google search of "Bluebird" and "manufactured spend," there are a bunch of blogs that will tell you how to do this.

I'm just curious though. In 3 months' time, will you not be getting groceries, eating out, buying books, etc.? IMO, $500 minimum spend in 3 months for a bonus is not super high.

EDIT: I'm not sure, but based on the wording of your post, are you thinking that you have to spend $500 in one purchase? I'm fairly certain that it is just $500 total over 90 days. So you can make a lot of smaller purchases and still get the bonus.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 2 of 3
ma124

Re: Help! BofA Cash Rewards

TX! I'm going to China this summer so I will be using Discover IT all the time I guess since there is no foreign transaction fee.

Discover IT; BoA Cash Rewards; Amex HHonors; Amex Platinum; Amex Platinum Starwood; Barclaycard Arrival; Chase Sapphire Pref

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.