Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help CC question

tag
Erika3o3
Regular Contributor

Help CC question

OK so I got a credit card prescreen approval in the mail. it told me go to the website and put in my prescreen ID.  Well I did and got the confirmation email that i was approved and would receive my card in 7-10 business days. I was in a rush and didnt set up an account for (immediate use) which i wanted to do for a sale they had going on. I thought i could come back later and fill in the info for immediate use. ( i was wrong) So i just went back to the site and put in my prescreen ID again and the info i needed to put in and I got ANOTHER email saying CONGRATS you will receive your card in 7-10 days..... 0.o

So am i gonna end up recieving 2 cards in the mail? What do i do now?!

Thanks in advance for any responses. 

Fico 8 Scores as of 5/29/21
Equifax: 606 / Transunion 641 / Experian 647

Captial One Platinum: $500
Capital One QuickSilver: $2000
Discover IT: $1,500
Kohls: $300
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Help CC question

Who is the lender?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Who is the lender?

+1...need a bit more info Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 6
Erika3o3
Regular Contributor

Express. Sorry should have included that Smiley Happy

Fico 8 Scores as of 5/29/21
Equifax: 606 / Transunion 641 / Experian 647

Captial One Platinum: $500
Capital One QuickSilver: $2000
Discover IT: $1,500
Kohls: $300
Message 4 of 6
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@Erika3o3 wrote:

i would definitely give them a call friday and ask about the double application...i don't think they'll send you both...they'll probably just treat both apps as one application. it's probably a bit late now to call them, but definitely contact them friday...gl!

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@djc1puno wrote:

@Erika3o3 wrote:

i would definitely give them a call friday and ask about the double application...i don't think they'll send you both...they'll probably just treat both apps as one application. it's probably a bit late now to call them, but definitely contact them friday...gl!

Actually, although rare, this happened to another member with their VS card.  In that situation, the prepproval interface either malfunctioned or didn't provide a confirmation of approval.  So, the OP went ahead and re-did the shopping cart trick and voila... approved again!  The OP eventually confirmed she received two VS CCs.  I commented later that one could use one for panties and the other for bras Smiley Very Happy   Somehow Lexie ended up shaking her head on that comment...LOL.

So, OP it's possible you will get 2 EXP CCs.  Whether they can combine CLs I'm not sure, but you could call them if that's the case.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.