cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Card by First Electronic Bank... Anyone??

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Help Card by First Electronic Bank... Anyone??

The name even cracks me up a bit... I'm sure if they really have been around for a long time First Electronic Bank was quite the name back in the daySmiley Tongue

Came across it looking at Mattresses... I could cry over the possiblities/costs/etc. etc.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Help Card by First Electronic Bank... Anyone??

Thats the one from Frys Electronics right? I never have heard anything good about them

Message 2 of 13
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

I just applied for The Help Card and was approved instantly for $5,060.   Odd limit, unsure who they pulled.  My Walmart TU fico is 643.  It is for Select Comfort.  Should be interesting to see how this account reports, etc.  

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 3 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Boonie wrote:

I just applied for The Help Card and was approved instantly for $5,060.   Odd limit, unsure who they pulled.  My Walmart TU fico is 643.  It is for Select Comfort.  Should be interesting to see how this account reports, etc.  

WOW, I thought Select Comfort was GE or Wells or something... you get secondary financing with Help Card? $5k on a 640 still sounds great... is it 0%? how much you spending?

Message 4 of 13
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

yeah they suck when it comes to reporting. they only report to one bureau. i forget which one...i'll have to check my CRs when i get back home. i have a fry's electronic card issued by them and was bummed when they told me that they only report to one agency. ive read bad things about them too but i personally havent had any problems with them. maybe its because the few times i used my frys card, i always paid my bill online which gave me a confirmation that i paid on that particular day.

Message 5 of 13
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

I applied thru their website, it was not secondary financing.  I haven't purchased anything.  I will see what I get with the card and the merchants that accept it as their site is pretty vague as to where it can be used exactly.  I will update this post with more details once I receive the card. 

Message 6 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Boonie wrote:

I applied thru their website, it was not secondary financing.  I haven't purchased anything.  I will see what I get with the card and the merchants that accept it as their site is pretty vague as to where it can be used exactly.  I will update this post with more details once I receive the card. 

Did you apply for the Help Card or the Help Card Select Comfort? not sure if difference but I see the 2 on the website?

I don't see a list of who accepts it... please update as soon as you know anything! sounds like a big line and instant!? that's nice too Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

I applied for The Help Card.  I assume it can be used at Select Comfort as that is the same card.  It will be interesting to see where I can use it.  Their website seems to imply it an be used several different places.  We shall see.

Message 8 of 13
Ron1
Super Contributor

Message 9 of 13
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Just app'd for this card...approved...CL is...

$15,600 (!!!???)

Must be for the Hugh Hefner model Smiley Very Happy

Edited to add:

FYI...They told me on the phone that they pull TU

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.