Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Citi Forward doesn't have 5X TYP.

tag
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Help! Citi Forward doesn't have 5X TYP.

I applied for the Citi Forward Student card on citi website last month and got approved.  With no opening bonus.

Today, I checked my statement finding no 5X points and called CS, they told me I was my card is a reguler Forward card with no 5X TYP.

I was furious about that. How am I supposed to get approved for a discountinued  version through the citi website? The foreign accent CS is not helpful at all and don't know anything. Got transfered to manager in Maryland call center and she said she didn't find any information about 5X and didn't know why I was approved for the regular Forward. She said she's unable to PC me to student version or add the 5X TYP bonus to my current card and she suggested me to reapply for the Forward Student again. I was thinking, are you f***ing kidding me? Though I still tried to remain polite, and she said she would start an investigation on this and should reply to me in four to five biz days. 

I know several other dudes on this forum also met the same thing. Not sure Citi did this intentionally or not, and the 5X TYP description is very vague on their T&C.  And this is definitely a bummer that blemsih Citi's image in my mind.

Any ideas? Should I contact their EO if this problem is not solved?

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Re: Help! Citi Forward doesn't have 5X TYP.

I would definitely contact there exec office...good luck
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.