Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help) College student credit card questions

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: Help) College student credit card questions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, I've been thinking about it a lot yesterday and today.

I am 100% sure I will get Chase Freedom next and Citi Dividend's categories seem to be much worse than Discover and Chase's categories.

I can already tell I won't use the Citi card in few months and I really don't want to get a card I'm not going to use.

I think I can survive with the discover IT for 6 months - 1 year till my credit history establishes.

However, as you know, I already made an inquiry, which is a hard pull, and not getting the card after that seems like a huge loss too.

Given my status, would it be more beneficial for me to get it or not?

P.S. I really didn't like Citi customer service compared to Discover's. Is Chase any better?

Thank you.

Get it. As others have stated, you have already apped and taken the HP. It will help in your total utilization and build your file.  But you do need to hold off apping for anything else for at least 6, preferably 12 months to let these age and show a good history of use.  Make sure in the future to only ap for what you really want/need. Let us know how it turns out for your Citi ap and congrats on your new Discover CC.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good evening!

I just called the Citibank and changed my income.

One thing I forgot to do was when they asked me if I had any housing monthly payment, I said no but I forgot that I pay housing fee to school...

Do I need to call them and tell them this? I thought it was a part of school tuition cost, so I am extremely confused.

I'll send them a copy of my student ID card tomorrow and let you guys know if I get approved!

Thank you so much for all your help and let me know about this housing cost if I should call them again or not.

Message 12 of 13
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good evening!

I just called the Citibank and changed my income.

One thing I forgot to do was when they asked me if I had any housing monthly payment, I said no but I forgot that I pay housing fee to school...

Do I need to call them and tell them this? I thought it was a part of school tuition cost, so I am extremely confused.

I'll send them a copy of my student ID card tomorrow and let you guys know if I get approved!

Thank you so much for all your help and let me know about this housing cost if I should call them again or not.

No, you're fine! Don't stress it. Just send them the ID. It sounds like you're approved if they are requesting that. So you should be fine. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.