Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help..Delinquency?!

tag
stargirlzz94
Established Member

Help..Delinquency?!

I had a delinquency of a 30 day late payment on my cap1 secured card however it shows on my credit report every other months were ok. I'm about to reach my 1 year on this card as well. Should I go to the branch and ask someone if its possible to remove the delinquency? Is it possible? If not what should I do? Thanks in advance!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help..Delinquency?!

If it is accurate, Capital One is not obligated to remove it.

You can try, but most likely it'll be a no.

Advice: Next time set up auto payment.
Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 2 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@stargirlzz94 wrote:
I had a delinquency of a 30 day late payment on my cap1 secured card however it shows on my credit report every other months were ok. I'm about to reach my 1 year on this card as well. Should I go to the branch and ask someone if its possible to remove the delinquency? Is it possible? If not what should I do? Thanks in advance!!!

If the derogatory mark is factual and accurately reporting, then it cannot be removed.  You can contact their CS department or you could escalate to the EO channel to explore other options.  You may also need to entertain the option of a GW letter to see if they would be willing/able to remove it.  If all these efforts fail, then as with most cases it is what it is.

Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Laugh wrote:
If it is accurate, Capital One is not obligated to remove it.

You can try, but most likely it'll be a no.

Advice: Next time set up auto payment.

+1

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.