Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Find New Credit Card Dumping Orchard

tag
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Help Find New Credit Card Dumping Orchard

I need help finding a major credit card.

All my scors are up on all 3 reports, all my judgments are off all 3 reports.

Transuinos - 713

Experian (Fako) - 726

Equifax - 692

I called Orachard and they told me they are suspending credit line increases.  $300.00 CL isnt enough.  Had them for 6 months.  Now that my sore has improces from where I use to be, time for a major credit card with a better limit.

Equifax - 789 Experian - 747 (Fako) Transunion - 715

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 789
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Re: Help Find New Credit Card Dumping Orchard

SOme1 who will pull Transuinion or Experian since they seem to be the highest

Message 2 of 10
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Oh imlooking for something that will give me at least a balance of $1000.00

Message 3 of 10
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

My boyfriend has a FICO in the high 600 range and was just approved for an Alliant Credit Union VISA with a $2,500 limit (we later got them to increase it to $3,000 but only because he had significant savings). He had a BK discharged 7 years ago. But he also has very stable employment (25 years). They said they couldn't go higher because he didn't have a lot of recent credit history other than an Orchard Bank VISA and car loan and was new to the credit union so also didn't have history with them. You can gain eligibility to join Alliant through a number of organizations including the national or local PTA, Kaiser, etc. You only need to join for the first year... once you are a member it's for life.

Make sure whichever card you choose is one that you want long term if possible because the average age of your accounts is a factor in your FICO score. So for example, you probably don't want one with an annual fee.  You may want to call a few creditors you're interested in to see if they will tell you which credit bureau report they pull, if they have a minimum FICO etc. Some will give you more info than others. I'd suggest using a "backdoor number." Here's the link to access them:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Message 4 of 10
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

Also, think carefully about closing Orchard, especially if you've had the card for awhile or your AAoA will increase. My boyfriend pays an annual fee which they won't waive and so for now it's the cost of maintaining his FICO until his credit is good enough that it can absorb the account closure. We ran into the same issue of Orchard's new policy not allowing an CLIs. But the rep told me to check back in a couple months because they may change the policy again as many customers are very upset about it.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OptimalFICO wrote:

Also, think carefully about closing Orchard, especially if you've had the card for awhile or your AAoA will increase. My boyfriend pays an annual fee which they won't waive and so for now it's the cost of maintaining his FICO until his credit is good enough that it can absorb the account closure. We ran into the same issue of Orchard's new policy not allowing an CLIs. But the rep told me to check back in a couple months because they may change the policy again as many customers are very upset about it.

A higher AAoA is good, isn't it?

Besides, looking around at the older threads you'll see that closing an account does not effect one's AAoA.  It can, however, effect ones UTIL.

Message 6 of 10
Travis-84
Regular Contributor

I applied at capital one 2 days ago, and got aproved for a 500.00 credit line.  They pulled transunion and equifax

My Equifax score is 660, so I would asume transunion is about the same since the data on both of them is the same.  (although I've never pulled my score, so I can not verrify this)

YOu can go to the website http://www.whogavemecredit.com/ to see what other peoples credit scores were, who they applied with and how much of a CL they got.   The layout isn't the best, but the information it has is awesome.

Message 7 of 10
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@OptimalFICO wrote:

A higher AAoA is good, isn't it?

Besides, looking around at the older threads you'll see that closing an account does not effect one's AAoA.  It can, however, effect ones UTIL.

Oops, yes the specifics were wrong but the gist correct. I meant the opposite of what I said-- sorry! But closing an account can impact AAoA because once the account is closed, it's no longer aging. The longer accounts are open, the more it will offset newer accounts open for a shorter period of time. No?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Average age of accounts is calculated using all accounts on your credit report, whether open or closed.  They continue aging until they fall off the report - hopefully about ten years after they're closed.

A good read:  

Closing Credit Cards which is stickied at the top of this credit card forum.

Hope that's helpful.
Message 9 of 10
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Average age of accounts is calculated using all accounts on your credit report, whether open or closed.  They continue aging until they fall off the report - hopefully about ten years after they're closed.

A good read:  

Closing Credit Cards which is stickied at the top of this credit card forum.

Hope that's helpful.

Yes, very helpful -- I didn't realize this, thank you! I'll check out the thread too!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.