Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help From The Fico Credit card masters and anyone one else with advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help From The Fico Credit card masters and anyone one else with advice

Well my score's have been improving slowly so I wanted to increase my credit available to also help with ut% 34.0  so i apped a little scores are not great but not horrible it sucks how three entity's can make your life great or miserable

this is what I didn't get

so I tried for amex delta miles -  no-go

chase rewards military star card + recon - nogo

cli for bestbbuy rz mc ha ha ha - no-go

this is what i did get

I got Exxon/Mobil personal card 200.00 limit no af but 21.0% APR

capitol one platinum card 200.00 w/cs limit 39af for 12.9%  APR

military star card retail 4,700.00 limit 9.99% APR 

so after everything reports I will have 5,920.00 credit 281.00 in balance's

already have

Best Buy rz mc 320.00 18.9% APR

military star card military clothing 500.00 no APR

AAoA 3.5 YR's

I wish I could use my star card outside of the military PX/BX that's why I tried for the chase mc part of this card kind funny how one card can have three credit limit's I told the credit analyst what limit the military gave me but still turned me down thank god the military reports to all three CRA's i know some of you in the 700 and 800 club have big limits should i stop and wait for a while is 5,920.00 good enough to help scores over time because my limits before were 820.00 what is everyone's opinion and were should i go from here and does citi's exxon/mobil  gas card and capitol one give cli's

2 accounts in good standing

1 CO Paid this year

1 Collection Paid 4YR's ago

a few lates last one 11months ago

01/02/09 EQ 550 TU 536 EX- fako 542

06/03/09 EQ 591 TU 628 EX- fako 629

Message Edited by djse7en on 06-04-2009 06:42 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help From The Fico Credit card masters and anyone one else with advice

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish I could use my star card outside of the military PX/BX that's why I tried for the chase mc part of this card kind funny how one card can have three credit limit's I told the credit analyst what limit the military gave me but still turned me down thank god the military reports to all three CRA's i know some of you in the 700 and 800 club have big limits should i stop and wait for a while is 5,920.00 good enough to help scores over time because my limits before were 820.00 what is everyone's opinion and were should i go from here and does citi's exxon/mobil  gas card and capitol one give cli's

2 accounts in good standing

1 CO Paid this year

1 Collection Paid 4YR's ago

a few lates last one 11months ago

01/02/09 EQ 550 TU 536 EX- fako 542

06/03/09 EQ 591 TU 628 EX- fako 629

Message Edited by djse7en on 06-04-2009 06:42 PM

Yes you should slow down and wait, applying for to much credit in a short time period raises all kinda red flag's. You have a good mix right now. Just maintain it and you should be able to apply for and get many nice limits on other cards once you have shown you can handle other larger revolving accounts.Smiley Wink

King

Message Edited by 74king on 06-04-2009 09:59 PM
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with 74king that you have a good mix now and should just relax and let these new cards age a bit.

As to Cap One CLIs it looks like they have you on the credit steps program. If this is correct you're one of the lucky ones who should be receiving regular increases as long as you pay on time and have no overlimits.

Congratulations on your new cards! You'll have that Citi card soon enough, just try to be patient.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card I want is the Chase rewards military star card it is a big bank backed but what is good about it is that they don't set the APR the military does plus has good rewards the credit analyst I called with the backdoor # took a long time to review my app she even asked me to wait longer then she came back and said that famous line at this time no can do I tried to explain that I have had the military clothing star card for over 7 years and they just gave me a credit limit of 4,700.00 for retail portion of the card so my credit limit on the card is 5,200.00 now she said sorry can't approve.

Also with this capitol one credit steps program they say I have if I go by their rules I get auto cli's. Is there a minimum balance I should keep on this card etc.. To comply to get my cli's, and i did'nt know if people get cli's on thier exxon/mobil personal gas cards

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have the AAFES card then I would think you are eligible to join NFCU. NFCU defines easy, large credit limits. Problem solved.
Message 5 of 8
Scamp
Valued Contributor

dj, I vote with King and Vee - you've done a great job so far, but now it's time to pause, let the accounts you have age and your scores creep up a bit more and remaining baddies age.  Slide on over to Rebuilding Your Credit, too, see if anything in there applies to your situation that you can work on while you're taking an apping break.

NFCU might be a good bet a bit down the line, when your scores have rebounded some more, as might that other Star card you want so much.  Patience - this kind of thing takes time.  You'll get there.

Good luck. Smiley Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

... and if you're not a member of USAA already, join while you can. You might want to get some incredibly cheapo renter's policy.

It will be a while before you would want to apply for any of their credit lines, but they value longevity, and it should turn into a great financial resource for you on down the line. Be sure to ask a CSR whether renter's is the best tactic these days, but that was traditionally the way to go.

Who is eligible?
Membership is open to:

* Active-duty officers and enlisted personnel.
* Children whose eligible parents have or had a USAA auto or property insurance product.
* National Guard and Selected Reserve officers and enlisted personnel.
* Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).
* Former military personnel:
--- Retired officers and enlisted personnel.
--- Former officers and enlisted personnel who separated from the military on or after Jan. 1, 1996.
* Former USAA members who had USAA auto or property insurance.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?key=become_member_eligibility
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also with this capitol one credit steps program they say I have if I go by their rules I get auto cli's. Is there a minimum balance I should keep on this card etc.. To comply to get my cli's, and i did'nt know if people get cli's on thier exxon/mobil personal gas cards

There was no Credit Steps program when I received my Cap One cards, wish there had been! My advice would be to use it monthly and PIF. Charge something you have to buy anyway ( gas or groceries) so as not to overextend yourself. 

Several people on this forum have the credit steps program and I'm sure you can find any answers you need by doing a search here.

I don't believe you'll see any CLI on the Exxon/Mobil card for quite some time.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.