Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, I got scammed.

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Help, I got scammed.

So I made a purchase online for $60, but I never received the items I purchased. I used my Chase card... I already sent a secure message to dispute the transaction since I tried to email the seller but they ignored me multiple times.

How is chase in dealing with this?

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Help, I got scammed.

That question would be better answered by calling Chase and asking in my opinion.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 20
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@coldnmn wrote:

That question would be better answered by calling Chase and asking in my opinion.

Definitely.

Message 3 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

?   I think the OP is asking "Is Chase good at resolving such disputes in the consumer's favor?"   Doesn't sound like a good question to ask Chase!

Message 4 of 20
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

?   I think the OP is asking "Is Chase good at resolving such disputes in the consumer's favor?"   Doesn't sound like a good question to ask Chase!

If I had an issue with a charge, I wouldn't come to an online forum to ask if my issuer is a good at disputes. Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

LOL...Chase is pretty good at resolving these issues.  Unless there was a delivery confirmation, they'll issue a chargeback automatically.

Message 6 of 20
colinstu
Regular Contributor

What website did you order the thing from? Did they send tracking info? We need details, this could be the shipping companies fault (slow/stolen) for all we know. 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 7 of 20
Trivolve
Contributor

In "Account Details" for your chase card, you should be able to see the tab at the side "Dispute a charge" -- that would be much more effective than just secure message.

[Total CL: $97K] Citi Forward, BoA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Hyatt, AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX Hilton Hhonors, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thankyou Preferred, Barclaycard Arrival Plus, AMEX Platinum, Chase IHG
Message 8 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

If I had an issue with a charge, I wouldn't come to an online forum to ask if my issuer is a good at disputes. Smiley Indifferent

Why not?  If you read the OP message again, it says:

already sent a secure message to dispute the transaction since I tried to email the seller but they ignored me multiple times.

So OP has started the dispute process with Chase, obviously the right thing to do, and now is asking the forum for the experience of others, just like people ask about the chances of getting card X, and (usually) we don't say "Take that up with the issuer, why are you posting here?"

Message 9 of 20
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

LOL...Chase is pretty good at resolving these issues.  Unless there was a delivery confirmation, they'll issue a chargeback automatically.

As someone who is an assistant manager of an online company, this is 100% true. Unless the seller or website can prove delivery (usually it HAS to be signature confirmation; and yes, we have lost chargebacks that have had signatures of the customer for delivery!!), you will win the chargeback. It's like ebay -- the buyer is always right. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.