cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I need AA (applications anonymous)

tag
blink182
Established Member

Help! I need AA (applications anonymous)

I seem to be caught in a spin needing a "fix" constantly looking for accounts I might qualify for. My Fakos are all around 600 and I was trying to get credit to help rebuild credit. I don't have any judgments or bk, but I do have a few older colle toons I'm disputing and a 30 day late from Capitol one that I goodwilled and received a letter that they would remove but it is taking them forever!

I was approved for Fingerhut 400, Gettington 400, Target Red 300, but denied by Gap, JCP, Macy's, Walmart and Valero Gascard. This is bumming me out because I woe love to rebuild history.

I have a Capitol One Platinum 300 and Credit One 400, plus a secured USAA Amex for 600 that doesn't show up on my credit report.

Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Help! I need AA (applications anonymous)

get a DCU account for free fico score and their secured cards graduates with a bachlors or better Smiley Wink and just keep feeding your secured cards more money. Remember that it's quality over quantity and some subprime cards are red flags for some prime companies with that being said remember your fico might get better, but you might have a false sense of security in the future for getting better cards.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 6
blink182
Established Member

What is dcu?
Message 3 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@blink182 wrote:
What is dcu?

Digital Credit Union

www.dcu.org

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 6
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@blink182 wrote:
I seem to be caught in a spin needing a "fix" constantly looking for accounts I might qualify for. My Fakos are all around 600 and I was trying to get credit to help rebuild credit. I don't have any judgments or bk, but I do have a few older colle toons I'm disputing and a 30 day late from Capitol one that I goodwilled and received a letter that they would remove but it is taking them forever!

I was approved for Fingerhut 400, Gettington 400, Target Red 300, but denied by Gap, JCP, Macy's, Walmart and Valero Gascard. This is bumming me out because I woe love to rebuild history.

I have a Capitol One Platinum 300 and Credit One 400, plus a secured USAA Amex for 600 that doesn't show up on my credit report.

Any suggestions?

It sounds that you are looking for someone to tell you to stop applying for new credit.  If that's the case, we have a place called the Garden Club where you would fit right in.  Tons of great stories about how not applying for credit has helped improve scores, rebuild credit, and increase credit limits.  There you will receive support and you can set goals for score improvement and time between applications.  I'm going to hit 5 months app free in a few days, and it feels great.  My scores started at 700, and I can't wait to see where they go after 6 months when I apply for my new cards.

You are stuck in low limit hell, and the only way to get out is to show creditors you are responsible with the credit you currently have and wait for them to increase your limits.

Come join the fun:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Meeting-November-2012/td-p/1675076

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 5 of 6
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.