Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, I need an approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help, I need an approval!

@Anonymous wrote:

I will probably just bring the balance down to 5K before my next statement closes, bringing my utisation down to 30% , I have a good income,1000/week net. I'm paying some tution right now, about 1k/month on my credit card and then paying it straight off.- but I live in NYC and my wife is in law school so I don't want to use too much of our savings right now to pay down my balance completley,  Will I get approvals at 30% utilisation, I'm sure my scores will go up again next month hopefully all past 700. Will I get approved for any chase cards? Slate or freedom? 

Bringing utilization down isn't everything.  How old is your credit file?  You said you have some cards that have a $750 limit.  Are they new?  In addtion to utilization, Chase or any lender looks at your entire credit file.

So even if you get utilization down, Chase might approve you at a limit you probably won't care for thus, if it is big limits you are seeking.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it or another Venture like the others pointed out. Amex bce can be considered as well esp with their 3x CLI in 3 months
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look for balance transfer cards so you can save on interest. Capital one quicksilver one offers intro till Nov on balance transfers. I suggest you do that and it is a easier card to qualify for. If i was capital one and you went for a higher card knowing you had all that balance already for sometime. You would be denied regardless of your score. Think about itSmiley Happy If you just want to lower utilization, go to Lowes or Walmart to get high credit. but I highly suggest balance transfer card from Capital one. QS1 Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.