Frequent Contributor
goodgirl-badcredit

Help---I need to recon Citi!!!!

I applied for a student Citi Forward account. I was denied I would like to recon this decision. Has anyone had success with this task. I spoke with a rep about my account and he stated that i could fax over a copy of my credit report. But I would also like to speak with someone. What info besides my cr should i include in the fax. Should i type up a recon letter also? I have 5 baddies on my EX report. And the last time they reported was 6/08. But the accounts are three years old.

Thank you

gg-bc

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Help---I need to recon Citi!!!!

do you know which they pulled, if EQ I don't think recon is going to fly, sorry
Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

[ Edited ]

You have nothing to lose by trying a recon. I would mail a certified letter either way.

Keep in mind that recons aren't always successful. The success rate depends on many different factors. Again, all they can say is no.

Good luck.

Message Edited by Uncle_Money on 09-22-2009 03:15 PM
Equifax Fico 785 as of 01/18/2012
Regular Contributor
Geordi

Many a person, including myself, has had great success utilizing Planetfeedback site to obtain a Citibank card.

When I was in the rebuilding stage, I used PFB to get 2 Citibank cards.  When you file a complaint using PFB, your complaint goes directly to the Executive Offices of Citibank.

The last time that I used PFB was in May 2008.  I haven't had to use them since because my credit has been greatly improved since then.

Good luck

Established Contributor
mt2va

Geordi wrote:

Many a person, including myself, has had great success utilizing Planetfeedback site to obtain a Citibank card.

When I was in the rebuilding stage, I used PFB to get 2 Citibank cards.  When you file a complaint using PFB, your complaint goes directly to the Executive Offices of Citibank.

Can you explain how to utilize Planet Feedback as a tool to recon a CC denial?

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
Current (7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Regular Contributor
Geordi

mt2va wrote:

Geordi wrote:

Can you explain how to utilize Planet Feedback as a tool to recon a CC denial?

Well the last time I went in to detail about a simular topic, my post was deleted.  So to keep this generic:

1. You want to use Planetfeedback to submit your recon to Citibank
  2. The reason you would want to use PFB is because your complaint will go to the Executive Offices of Citibank
  3. The Executive Offices will review your complaint to see if it has merit
  4. The Executive Offices will also obtain a copy of your application
  5. If the Executive Offices agree with you, they will contact the New Accounts department and get you an approval

I hope I have answered your quesion.

GL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}