Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - I really want a CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help - I really want a CC

After graduating a few years ago, it took me a while to find a job.  During that period of time, a number of my CCards were charged off.  Eventually, I enrolled in Grad in school and was able to find a job. 

As it stands now, I have paid off all of my debt with the exception of my student loans which are in deferment (around 150K) and a Care Credit card which I currently owe 4600 on (originally 14K).

I don't have any major credit cards, just department store cards (i.e., best buy, macy's, new york & company, etc.).  I rarely use the cards but  when I do, I always pay them off, they all have a zero balance.  I have one 30 day late within the last year and 2 paid in full charge offs that appear on my account (less than $300 total).  My utilization ratio is fairly low.

My credit scores have increased  and as pulled by lender (I was approved for a mortgage but have decided that I am not quite ready yet)  my scores are as follows:  TU 694, EQ 673, EX 718

I tried to do a prequalify for Capital One and I believe it stated that it would take 7-10 days but I could have a credit limit ofr $1000.  I was flat out denied by Discover.

I did the prequalify for HBSC, but am a little leary to move forward since it doesnt say what the credit limit will be and I don't want one a card that has too low of a limit.

After reading on the site, I tried Travelocity Barclays and was told that it would have to be further reviewed - which could take 10 days.  Is this the same thing as a denial?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help - I really want a CC

use the sticky above with back door numbers and call barclays, you can probably get instant decision

amex zync?

citi forward

I might try those.

Message 2 of 4
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

+1

I agree with creditaddict, call the back door number for Barclays to find out, and if you're denied I would ask for a recon, they're very good when it comes to recons.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 3 of 4
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Who do you bank with?  What area are you in?  Check out a few credit unions.  Usually they are good about you taking your reports in and talking with someone, and they can normally tell about what your limit would be even prior to a hard pull.  Of course they cannot guarantee anything, but usually aren't too off.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.