New Contributor
RashShakur

Re: Help ...?... I want a AMEX

ESPNJUNKIE- Thanks

If I get a additional credit card and have good payment for six months my chances would increase? In your opinion, what would be the percentage?

New Contributor
RashShakur

Credit_monkey-Thanks.

I think I will try doing a pre-paid  amex in hopes it will get me in the door. I really don't want another credit card espcially a capital one but that be my only option if amex pre-paid doesn't work out.

New Contributor
RashShakur

I had a AMEX in the past and loved it. Their rewards programs are good and they have good customer service. It doesn't have to be a Amex but I would love a prime card and since I have had one in the past I would like have one now,

New Contributor
RashShakur

If you don't mine me asking what was the denial reason and scores at the time?

New Contributor
RashShakur

I would apply for it now just to see my denial reason but I wanted to wait until my tax lien falls off within the next month... Any thoughts?

Valued Contributor
chnceit

IMHO you have way too much baddies and not ready for AMEX. You need to clean up your reports, get rebuilder cards and let it age.

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Valued Contributor
MovingForward_2012

Tax liens look very bad to lenders. You should wait a month for that to fall off.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! :smileyhappy: Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Established Member
credit_monkey

I haven't recieved the reasons yet.  But, my score was 659.  I do have lots of inquiries due to recent auto loan and app spree.

Starting Score: 646
Current Score: myfico eq 663, tu Walmart 676
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
cashnocredit

[ Edited ]

I was declined for an Amex charge card back in late 2010. I had a 695 EQ FICO. 1.5 years perfect history with two cards but some older CAs and paid lien.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy15k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}