Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help ...?... I want a AMEX

tag
RashShakur
New Contributor

Re: Help ...?... I want a AMEX

ESPNJUNKIE- Thanks

If I get a additional credit card and have good payment for six months my chances would increase? In your opinion, what would be the percentage?

Message 11 of 19
RashShakur
New Contributor

Credit_monkey-Thanks.

I think I will try doing a pre-paid  amex in hopes it will get me in the door. I really don't want another credit card espcially a capital one but that be my only option if amex pre-paid doesn't work out.

Message 12 of 19
RashShakur
New Contributor

I had a AMEX in the past and loved it. Their rewards programs are good and they have good customer service. It doesn't have to be a Amex but I would love a prime card and since I have had one in the past I would like have one now,

Message 13 of 19
RashShakur
New Contributor

If you don't mine me asking what was the denial reason and scores at the time?

Message 14 of 19
RashShakur
New Contributor

I would apply for it now just to see my denial reason but I wanted to wait until my tax lien falls off within the next month... Any thoughts?

Message 15 of 19
chnceit
Valued Contributor

IMHO you have way too much baddies and not ready for AMEX. You need to clean up your reports, get rebuilder cards and let it age.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 16 of 19
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Tax liens look very bad to lenders. You should wait a month for that to fall off.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 17 of 19
credit_monkey
Established Member

I haven't recieved the reasons yet.  But, my score was 659.  I do have lots of inquiries due to recent auto loan and app spree.

Starting Score: 646
Current Score: myfico eq 663, tu Walmart 676
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 19
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I was declined for an Amex charge card back in late 2010. I had a 695 EQ FICO. 1.5 years perfect history with two cards but some older CAs and paid lien.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.