Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Juniper is trying to get me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! Juniper is trying to get me!

Hello all!
I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on this...

I, like many, got in the Juniper frenzy. Was approved for 7500 CL and they dropped it to 4250.
I balance transferred for the 0%, and didnt take in to account the finance charges, which put me over my CL by 25.00. (that happened on 10/1) On 10/2, when I checked the account online and saw that I had gone over, i paid 75.00 dollars, which put my" amount due" as negative 75.00, since the statement had not come out yet. When the statement dropped on Friday, I was hit with a 39.00 over the limit fee from 10/1, which has now put me over the limit again, which i paid immediate!
Can I get them to take the OL fee off, since it was less than 24 hours? And, am I going to get socked with another OL fee on the next statement? Also, will this wipe out my 0% balance transfer rate and default to regular interest rate? I have another Juniper card that has low balance and have been a great customer. Wanted to know what you guys thought i should do before I call them this afternoon.

Thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! Juniper is trying to get me!

Might be able to have them waive the fee - and I doubt they will nail you for a second OL fee.

You can't leave the balance so close to the limit- you may want to allocate some of the other CL to this card so it is not maxed out.

You may want to act ignorant to the CLD.
Message 2 of 3
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: Help! Juniper is trying to get me!

Yes, I think Timothy is 100% right.  I would act "dumb" on them lowering your limit by almost 1/2.  Say you did not know, and you thought you were only 60% of total utilization.

Might work.  I am on the other end of the spectrum.  They only gave me $500 CL, by far my lowest CL! 

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.