Help Me Find a Card

Hey all,
  Looking for a card:
  • 0% on BT, no Fee, for at least 12 months
  • Ideally would have a fixed APR on purchases and BT afterwards
  • No Annual Fees
  • Not worried about any sort of rewards

My info:
  • Transunion PFICO:718 - has been the same for the past 3 months (no baddies since 2001)
  • Card #1 - HSBC - $1800/ $6000
  • Card #2 - WAMU - $450/ $1800
  • Card #3 - Chase - $0/ $2000

Looking to apply soon to make my billing cycle.  Any suggestions on a card that I would likely be approved for that would meet those criteria?  I am looking at either a Discover More or Citi Card.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help Me Find a Card

I say go for the Discover
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup. Discover Card.
Message 3 of 8
Marvintran
Regular Contributor

Discover is not a bad choice, I like there terms and rewards

But the only thing that is really annoying about them is when you used a Discover

to fill your tank at a shell they will hold $100.00 for one week. I dont know about other states

but thats how it is here in the mid west.

Heres are some pretty good offers from Discover if

You decide to go with them.

Message 4 of 8
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Marvintran wrote:

But the only thing that is really annoying about them is when you used a Discover

to fill your tank at a shell they will hold $100.00 for one week. I dont know about other states

Just Discover?

What's wrong with that?  Does any bad result from them holding $100, unless you're maxing out your card?

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
heirophant
Established Contributor

They generally authorize for $100 on all CC's, not just discover.  This happens on my AMEX as well (the only card I use for gas).
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

and when you eat out, most places authorize 20% above the bill.  Holds are nothing new and should not effect you unless like the other poster stated your sitting on your cl.
Message 7 of 8
Artzdelux
New Contributor

The hold wont matter, as I only intend on using this card as a BT.  I am paying 14% interest on the HSBC card that has the balance, and want to get it to 0% for a year so that I can pay it off.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.