Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Me Pick a Bonus

tag
JoeRo
Valued Member

Help Me Pick a Bonus

I will be graduating college within the next month and I'm trying to get one last spending bonus before I start grad school. I have a solid, but short, credit history. My scores are in the 760-780 range, some of which is because of backdating with Amex. Despite being in school, my income should be around 35,000-37,000 for the year.

I currently have the CSP, Delta Amex, Discover It, Chase Freedom, and Amex BCE. My CSP limit is $17,000, while the others are in the 3,000-7,000 range. I realize that Chase is not likely to extend more credit to me in the near future despite the Sapphire being my primary card.

I have been looking at Barclays, Capital One, Nfcu (I am a member), and others. I would like to get a 40k bonus, and I have no problem meeting a 3k spending threshold to get there. Nfcu and Citi are the banks I would still like to get in with, so if anyone has any good suggestions for those banks I would be interested. Mostly, I just want to save up a few more miles or points for a free trip or two.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help Me Pick a Bonus

Go for Barclays US Airways, easy 40k if you're willing to pay the AF.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

Go for Barclays US Airways, easy 40k if you're willing to pay the AF.

+1

Get it before it's gone!

Message 3 of 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

well if you are willing to go for two cards one ex and one tu , you could try for us airways and citi aa, since they should complement each other. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 5
HiLine
Blogger

Do you want a cash bonus or a loyalty points bonus?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.