greenearth

Help Needed - Please ( 680) ! Update: Paid Card Balance off.

[ Edited ]

Please help me,  below is my complete profile.

Profile:

Credit Karma Score : 

06/2009 -  656

07/2009 -  682

TransUnion Score:

07/2009 - 677

Credit Union :  Limit 1000$ , Never Late , Account - Jan 2008 , Balance to Payoff 650$

Cards as Authorized User: 

Amex Platinum : Limit 10,000$ , Never Late , Account - 07/2005 , Balance to Payoff  315$

Capitol One : Limit 2,000$ , Never Late, Account - 07/2003, Balance to Payoff 350$

Total Hard queries : 4 ( 3 of them within last 2 Months)

Recent : Applied to AMEX Blue - Got rejected.

Applied to Citi Select - Asked to send copies of SSN, Home Bill

Please help me increase my credit score. I want to apply for a credit card that accepts me.

I will have more 2-3 hard queries on my credit due to New employment check, new checking account.

How can I hit 725 - 750 credit score ? 

Thanks in Advance

Go Green

Message Edited by greenearth on 07-01-2009 08:15 PM
Established Contributor
Chopbrocoli

Re: Help Needed - Please ( 680) !

Definitely pay down your balance on your credit union card. You are at 65% usage of your available credit and thats one of the main things thats dragging you down. If you had the CU card for a while, I would also request a credit limit increase. As for the employment check and checking account inquiry, I believe it will not be any bother. Banks are just wanting to see if you have been "applying for credit."
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
greenearth

Re: Help Needed - Please ( 680) !

Done....

Okay, I went to Credit Union after your reply and paid off all the due of 650. Now its only 30 cents balance on that card.

I showed the manager my new job offer letter and asked for increase in my credit for an extra 1000.

I also  sent required docs to citi bank, I am guessing I would get a credit of 1500 from them or nothing at all.

Please do let me know. What I can do further ?

I will be getting pay checks from my new job from aug 1 week. where should I do the direct deposit? 

Should I open an account with Bank of America / PNC / or PenFed ( I am Redcross volunteer) so that in future I can apply credit.

Please help me...

Thank you very very much.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+