August 21, 2007 First Usa Na

August 19, 2007 Washmtl/Prov

August 09, 2007 American Honda Finance

August 08, 2007 David McDavid Honda-Fris

July 25, 2007 Wellsfargobankna/Fac

What the crap is this????  5 of these are double hards!!!!!!  I don't know what happened..  These doubles didn't show when I pulled TU on 9/5/2007.  What do I do??  My TU score dropped 14 pts. because of this!

Pulled 9/5/2007

August 21, 2007 Merrick Bank/Hooters Car

August 21, 2007 First Usa Na

July 25, 2007 Wellsfargobankna/Fac

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Please!

I think you can dispute the double inquiries, and in inq. that you did not authorize.
Message 2 of 14
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Thanks NP!
Message 3 of 14
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

I just got off the phone with TU and they say I have to submit something in writing to each of the five creditors to dispute the inquiries and then when I get an authorization letter from each of the five creditors, I have to submit those authorization letters to TU.

What a load of crap.  It would take me months to get all that junk together and submitted.  How did this happen in the first place?  How can these five creditors pull hards over a month ago and then pull hards again using the same date of the first hard pull?

Message Edited by SpecFile on 09-25-2007 02:46 PM
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

SpecFile wrote:
I just got off the phone with TU and they say I have to submit something in writing to each of the five creditors to dispute the inquiries and then when I get an authorization letter from each of the five creditors, I have to submit those authorization letters to TU.

What a load of crap.  It would take me months to get all that junk together and submitted.  How did this happen in the first place?  How can these five creditors pull hards over a month ago and then pull hards again using the same date of the first hard pull?

Message Edited by SpecFile on 09-25-2007 02:46 PM

You know if this was all from the same credit card company, I would think TU has a point.  This crap looks as if TU had a problem and just double posted your inquiries.  I would try that approach.  No way are all these DIFFERENT creditors hitting you double and then not showing up till now.

Message 5 of 14
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

No joke Brammy.  There has to be an explanation.  Can I call the 5 companies and ask if they initiated the 2nd hard pull?
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

SpecFile wrote:
No joke Brammy.  There has to be an explanation.  Can I call the 5 companies and ask if they initiated the 2nd hard pull?

You can ask them all to provide letters that they did not inq your file twice.  The thing is that this is every inq in your August reporting month.  My money is still on TU for the mess up.  They are not good at taking responsibility, like when my file with them and ONLY them did not update for three months.  On 15 accounts?  GMAB!! Not the creditors.  Looks like they ran their tapes twice on you for whatever reason. I saw that and had to go check mine.  I would first call TU back and escalate to a sup.

One creditor I can see, but every creditor in the month of August?  Anyone wth sense can see this makes no sense.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think tu has messed up dw's file as well. i pulled tc reports on her and tu has like 20 (literally) collection accounts from '02 through this year that just reported as of last week! i asked dw to dispute she says i will maybe. drives me nuts!
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

dnm45227 wrote:
i think tu has messed up dw's file as well. i pulled tc reports on her and tu has like 20 (literally) collection accounts from '02 through this year that just reported as of last week! i asked dw to dispute she says i will maybe. drives me nuts!

Think I'd be tempted to throttle herSmiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:

dnm45227 wrote:

Think I'd be tempted to throttle herSmiley Very Happy

you're telling me. one of them is for direct tv from '02. we didn't have direct tv then and when we did have it it was in my name and i paid a deposit so they wouldn't even pull the credit. i know these things are errors or id theft, but i guess she figures it's not really her's so it doesn't matter.

thankfully we only have one card that's joint (she has 3 of her own that i want no part of, she's an au on mine though) and it's through a cu so universal default may not be an issue. i'm not brave enough to call them and open up that can of worms.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.