Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help,Pre-Approval for Midnight Velvet

tag
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Help,Pre-Approval for Midnight Velvet

Does anybody know anything about any of these? Do they report at all? What are your Experiences? I received a pre approval catelog in the mail. Is it worth it? It all looks pretty expensive. They all have different looking cards.

Thanks!

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
hardworker77
Contributor

Re: Help,Pre-Approval for Midnight Velvet

I have an account with Swiss Colony the prices are high on somethings, but I like them. Started out with a 500 CL now 750CL. I hate to tell you that they don't report to the CB, only if you don't pay them of course. Anyway I say go for it. They're pretty easy to get credit with.

Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@jeffery581 wrote:

Does anybody know anything about any of these? Do they report at all? What are your Experiences? I received a pre approval catelog in the mail. Is it worth it? It all looks pretty expensive. They all have different looking cards.

Thanks!

Do you want to buy stuff from them? (seems doubtful, since you're not particularly familiar with them)

Are you trying to open some new credit lines? If so, what's your goal? --reduce overall util, increase number of clean tradelines, collect a stack-o'-plastic

From what the previous poster wrote, they don't report to the bureaus, so they won't do anything for your scores and credit profile, unless you mess up.

Not sure why anyone would want credit from a store they've never heard of... Smiley Happy

I do know that The Swiss Colony softed me once. I had no idea why, or who they are, or why they decided to soft me. Mysteries of catalog shopping, I guess.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

I got the card and used it a couple times! But i believe that they pull credit for each order you make. I wish they reported, I have a $1100 limit.
04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 4 of 5
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@Boonie wrote:
I got the card and used it a couple times! But i believe that they pull credit for each order you make. I wish they reported, I have a $1100 limit.

If true that would make them pretty much the worst creditor out there, I find it hard to believe anyone could be that horrid.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.