Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Should I APP for a new card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! Should I APP for a new card?

To All,

Thank you for your replies. I now have internet so I can catch up.

Against my better judgment I went ahead and applied for HD and Barclay's itunes because I needed to offset the utilization on my other credit card. I was approved for 3k instantly with HD and called backdoor number for Barcaly (declined at first because I locked my credit report) asked for only 2k and granted.

Currently I have 12 open revolving accounts to include 4 only being store cards the rest bank cards, all cards totaling 33k worth of credit now.

Additionally since I needed to buy things for my new house I applied for a personal loan and was granted 15k. I now can pay off the 2 revolving cards.

The personal loan has not reported yet, but the mortgage had. I got an alert a few days ago. My EQ FICO was 753 while in mortgage underwriting in Early March. It went down 9 points and then jumped to  791 after mortgage hit. I now have 2 auto loans that are still open 1 personal loan, 1 mortgage, 12 revolving lines oldest being almost 6 years old most recent 1 month. AAoA is around 3 years. 5 inquiries in the last year, no baddies. The personal loan still has not hit, and the revolving lines are not updated with a smaller balance of yet. I am hoping to break 800 very very soon. I am not opening anymore credit, unless I cannot pay cash, and really need more credit which is doubtful. I feel very accomplished for being in my early twenties.

Thanks for all of your replies.

Yesme

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.