About 3-4 weeks ago I apped for a Chase Freedom card and I believe during that time my scores were around 645, and I was of course declined because of high utility and too many inquiries. However, now my scores about jumped to about 700 because I paid most of my cc debts and also my utility is less than 5%. So I was wondering if I should try to recon it, or if it would be too late to do so? That way I won't have to app and I could save a hard pull from my CR. Or would it be better to just reapply for the card now since my scores are about 700? Is there a wait time between apps for Chase? Anyone know? Appreciate the help, thanks!
I would at least try for the recon. The worst they can say is no, right? I am not sure they will be able to do it without a hard, but if none of the reasons you were declined are still valid, then I would still go about it that way. It makes sense to me that if they are going to deny you on recon, they will deny you if you cold app. I wouldn't want to incur a hard pull if I didn't have to....but again, unless you have a file number or something, they may pull it anyway.
I have learned the hard way about hard pulls; pun intended.
I would recommend that you recon instead of apping again because you may be receive an outright denial based on the fact that you are reapplying within 90 days of your initial application.
Just called the recon number for Chase, and it's a no go. The anaylst said no because mainly that my credit history is too short. I have like 2 years of solid good history. Well the anaylst said I should wait a couple of months and try app agian. What do you guys think? Should I just wait a few months then apply agian? Or should I try the recon number a few more times till I get approved?