Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Synchrony Late Fees.

tag
RogerSmith95
Established Member

Help!! Synchrony Late Fees.

My payments for CareCredit, Amazon Store Card, and PayPal SC were due today. I always pay my bills on time, and I paid these Synchrony bills today early at 4 am PST. Only CareCredit show the payment as posted while PP and Amazon show pending. I logged on to both PP and Amazon and it showed a late fee added to my account. Why did they charge me a late fee if I made the payment today? This isn't the first time I've paid on the due date, but it is the first time I've been charged a late fee. Help!! Is this going to impact my credit? Smiley Sad

US Bank Secured $300 | Discover IT $2,000 | Merrick Bank $1,000. | Daniel's Jewelers $1,684 | CapOne QS $500 | Kohl's $300 | Fingerhut $300 | Victoria's Secret $300 | Credit One $500

Auto Loans -
Exeter Finance - Opened 4/2018 | Closed 7/2019 - 17.10% 72 months
First Investors - Opened 7/2019 - 15.3% 60 months

9/13/20
EX08 613 | 26% UTL | 3 Collections | 43 INQS
TU08 625 | 26% UTL | 7 Collections | 33 INQS
EQ08 595 | 26% UTL | 7 Collections | 18 INQS

AAoA - 2.8 years
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
rockbttm442
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help!! Synchrony Late Fees.

Some have a cut off time. Cap 1 is midnight est. So that could play a part in it.
Cap 1 QS1 - $3300, Kemba CU - $500, Chase Freedom - $500, Sears MC - $751, Sears - $2000, Hot Topic - $1230, Grismer - $1200, Target - $1800, Walmart - $200, Home Depot - $500, Discover IT Chrome - $7000, Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5000
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wont impact credit, I can say that for sure. It wont go derogatory on your report until you hit 30 day late status. Not sure how Sync will work with you on the "late" payments though.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RogerSmith95 wrote:

My payments for CareCredit, Amazon Store Card, and PayPal SC were due today. I always pay my bills on time, and I paid these Synchrony bills today early at 4 am PST. Only CareCredit show the payment as posted while PP and Amazon show pending. I logged on to both PP and Amazon and it showed a late fee added to my account. Why did they charge me a late fee if I made the payment today? This isn't the first time I've paid on the due date, but it is the first time I've been charged a late fee. Help!! Is this going to impact my credit? Smiley Sad

No, it will not impact your credit scores at all.  It will impact your relationship with them for about 6 months.  Late fee depends on cut-off time.  All cc's are different.  I have mine set to auto pay just in case.  But usually pay well beforehand.  Call them and see what they can do.  

Message 4 of 7
RogerSmith95
Established Member

I called Amazon's Card CS and she told me that once the payment has posted the late fee will be removed. I feel relieved that it wont impact my credit, but as I said its not the first time I've paid on the due date and this never happened before. From now on I'm making my payments a week early Smiley Tongue

US Bank Secured $300 | Discover IT $2,000 | Merrick Bank $1,000. | Daniel's Jewelers $1,684 | CapOne QS $500 | Kohl's $300 | Fingerhut $300 | Victoria's Secret $300 | Credit One $500

Auto Loans -
Exeter Finance - Opened 4/2018 | Closed 7/2019 - 17.10% 72 months
First Investors - Opened 7/2019 - 15.3% 60 months

9/13/20
EX08 613 | 26% UTL | 3 Collections | 43 INQS
TU08 625 | 26% UTL | 7 Collections | 33 INQS
EQ08 595 | 26% UTL | 7 Collections | 18 INQS

AAoA - 2.8 years
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RogerSmith95 wrote:

I called Amazon's Card CS and she told me that once the payment has posted the late fee will be removed. I feel relieved that it wont impact my credit, but as I said its not the first time I've paid on the due date and this never happened before. From now on I'm making my payments a week early Smiley Tongue

Congrats!  Soooo glad to hear!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 7
rcrdoeva
Valued Member

It's a new policy I believe but when you are about to make a payment, there is a disclaimer about this exact situation. I'm on my phone and I wish I could screen capture for you but if you log in and read the whole page on where you put your payment, it says it right there.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.