cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! What cards should I apply for next?

tag
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: Help! What cards should I apply for next?

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Discover is one of the easiest companies to get a card with, and you were only approved for a secured card. Right then was the clue you missed. You should have immediately stopped applying for a year. 6 months minimum, but ideally a year. 

Now? You have a LOT of hard pulls on your credit reports, and haven't gained much if any quality. Forget the 6 month plan, now you need at least a year to recover from all these... decisions.

Look at my signature. I had ONE card for a full year, and used it lightly to gain a solid credit report and score. After that, I obtained all the cards in my signature in one year after that. By spending my time researching what cards best fit my needs, and which of those were best to apply for when, and following a plan.

But its your choice. keep ruining your credit, or let it heal.

+1 I agree wholeheartedly

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 11 of 13
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

No stop applying! It doesn't matter what card you want to apply for next.. More than likely you will get denied for it or get another low limit. You're getting denials and low limits for a reason.
Message 12 of 13
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Also, all the "better" cards you got denied for. You're not going to get them right now no matter how many times you apply.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.