Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With App Strategy

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Help With App Strategy

DW wants two app for two Amex revolvers, a BCP and HH Surpass.  FICO/FAKO scores are in the 730 area with one 30-day late reporting from 2011.  Whats the best way to app for two accounts at virtually the same time.  Can it be done, does Amex allow it ? Her current Amex portfolio is PRG with 2 statements cut.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help With App Strategy

They normally do.  Sometimes you can get 2 with 1 hp.

Message 2 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

The '2-for-1' trick usually only works with an app for a revolver and a charge (it worked for me last week).

If you apply for two revolvers at the same time it's likely the second app will be put on a five day hold.  YMMV if the HP will be the same day as the first app or a few days later; I've read threads where people reported both scenarios. 

Also note if you app for a revolver and a charge back-to-back (as I did) they may present you with a screen to give them a call on the second app - this usually isn't bad.  In my case, they simply wanted to make sure it was me who had applied.  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Just read a thread where they said there is a 5 day hold on 2 revolvers

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 7
n777ua
Established Contributor

Would you recommend submitting both apps at the same time using two different browsers ? 

Message 5 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@n777ua wrote:

Would you recommend submitting both apps at the same time using two different browsers ? 

I really don't think it will make a difference, since the second revolver you app for will most likely get a security hold for five days anyway.

If you want to 'throw the dice' and see if you get results different from what everybody else is reporting, simply do them one after another.  That being said, the only way you will benefit from using a different browser is if you get a different new account bonus to come up... in that case, you'll need to apply from the browser (or window) with the offer.

Message 6 of 7
n777ua
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.