cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Would I get approved for the Chase Slate?

tag
eternity22

Help! Would I get approved for the Chase Slate?

Hi all,

So I just bought my first house and as you probably know, it is a very expensive process. I had to end up buying a lot of new furniture, upgrades, and just little things that I didn't think about. Anyways, I am close to maxed out on my 0% APR cards and am wanting to get a balance transfer. I am trying not to pay any interest. I know I can repay everything within a year, I just can't pay it all in a month! So here are my current credit lines that don't have an intro offer right now (that's why I haven't used these lines as much): BofA Cash Rewards: 200/4k, Chase Amazon: 0/2k, Discover IT: 0/3k. Here are my credit lines that have a 0% APR offer: Amex BCE: 1k/6k, Citi Dividend: 8k/8k, BofA BBR: 1k/2.5k, Chase Freedom: 4k/4k. So as you can see I'm pretty close on a lot of limits with a 0% APR offer. My Discover Fico said I was 724. I make 52k per year. Do you think that Chase Slate would give me a reasonable limit so I could do a balance transfer? I'm thinking at least 5k limit for the Slate? Thanks for your help. And if you need more info, please just ask.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Re: Help! Would I get approved for the Chase Slate?

Have you tried the Chase pre approval site?  Its a good place to start, and from what I hear its pretty accurate as far as potential approval.  Check it out!

Message 2 of 11
eternity22

I tried the Chase prequal site before I apped for the Freedom in November. The prequal site didn't recommend the Freedom to me, but I got instantly approved when I filled out the app. So I don't think the prequal site works for me..

Message 3 of 11
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

couple of things. You should have applied for the chase slate before you bought eveything now with a lower ulti your score is going to be lower. Also, chase does not allow BT between their own accounts. I would apply for the slate anyways as well as that citi BT card. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 4 of 11
keratella

I doubt they'll let you transfer the $4k from the Freedom to the Slate. I remember reading about that when I got the Slate early last year.

When I was approved for the Slate I was at around 70% utilization accross the board with a couple >90%. Can't remember exactly what my score was at the time, high 600s with no lates or bad stuff. $4800 credit limit. On the application I asked to transfer $7000 so they gave me less. On the same day I applied for the Citi Simplicity to make up for the shortfall and they gave me $2500.

Message 5 of 11
eternity22

I don't have any lates or baddies on any of my accounts either, if that helps.

Message 6 of 11
john398
Senior Contributor

@keratella wrote:

I doubt they'll let you transfer the $4k from the Freedom to the Slate. I remember reading about that when I got the Slate early last year.

When I was approved for the Slate I was at around 70% utilization accross the board with a couple >90%. Can't remember exactly what my score was at the time, high 600s with no lates or bad stuff. $4800 credit limit. On the application I asked to transfer $7000 so they gave me less. On the same day I applied for the Citi Simplicity to make up for the shortfall and they gave me $2500.

I have ahad no trpouble transfering a CL around once I was approved for a chase card.

Message 7 of 11
keratella

@john398 wrote:

@keratella wrote:

I have ahad no trpouble transfering a CL around once I was approved for a chase card.

I've heard they are good and letting you transfer the credit limit but the Freedom is maxed out and they won't allow the balance on the Freedom to transfer to the Slate. I suppose there can always be exceptions but their terms and conditions state:

"We will not process any balance transfer requests that are from any other account or loan that we (Chase Bank USA, N.A.) or any of our affiliates issued."

Message 8 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Id just apply for it.

I would also call Discover, they are great about offering BT to existing accounts that don't have anything.

Message 9 of 11
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

The only thing that's holding you back really is utilization. In situations like these the hard pull is worth it, in my opinion, to find out, because you really can't afford to PIF so you'll need a BT offer of some sort. Citi Simplicity might be a good option as well. -- maybe something you could transfer your Freedom debt to? Let us know the route in which you choose to go! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.