New Visitor
DonnieBaseball

Help a noob out please...........

I just paid my first statement on my secured cap one card. $84.93 balance on a $300 limit. I have one collection acct for $85.00 that will paid soon. I have student loans that are all paid and thats it. No other credit cards. Just a lease,cell,electric and comcast in my name. Before i got the cap card i had a thin file and no score. When can i expect to achieve a score? What should be my next move as far as another card? I only have 3 inquiries on my report. 2 of which will drop off in september. I have plenty of patience and definately am not someone who will go on a app spree. I appreciate all input. Been a longtime lurker who has gained a lot of knowledge from this site.

Frequent Contributor
gangof4

Re: Help a noob out please...........

Welcome to the forum!  I'm not sure why you would not have a FICO score from at least one of the agencies but probably from all three (with the usual caveat on Experian) because you do have transactions on your credit file(s).

Valued Contributor
Schoolbuskid

In order to generate a score you need to have atleast 6 months of positive reporting.

Senior Contributor
john398

Schoolbuskid wrote:

In order to generate a score you need to have atleast 6 months of positive reporting.

So Are you saying if you have 6 months of mixed reporting you have no score at all?

Established Contributor
gbishere

I'm surprised noone has yet to say, Don't pay a collection acount without pfd 'in. just search pay for delete or pfd to find out more

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}