New Visitor

Help a noob out please...........

I just paid my first statement on my secured cap one card. $84.93 balance on a $300 limit. I have one collection acct for $85.00 that will paid soon. I have student loans that are all paid and thats it. No other credit cards. Just a lease,cell,electric and comcast in my name. Before i got the cap card i had a thin file and no score. When can i expect to achieve a score? What should be my next move as far as another card? I only have 3 inquiries on my report. 2 of which will drop off in september. I have plenty of patience and definately am not someone who will go on a app spree. I appreciate all input. Been a longtime lurker who has gained a lot of knowledge from this site.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Help a noob out please...........

Welcome to the forum!  I'm not sure why you would not have a FICO score from at least one of the agencies but probably from all three (with the usual caveat on Experian) because you do have transactions on your credit file(s).

Valued Contributor

In order to generate a score you need to have atleast 6 months of positive reporting.

Senior Contributor

Schoolbuskid wrote:

In order to generate a score you need to have atleast 6 months of positive reporting.

So Are you saying if you have 6 months of mixed reporting you have no score at all?

Established Contributor

I'm surprised noone has yet to say, Don't pay a collection acount without pfd 'in. just search pay for delete or pfd to find out more

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.