Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help about when new cards start showing on credit reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help about when new cards start showing on credit reports

I recieved a WaMu card on the 28th of May and a CapOne card on the 3rd of June and they have yet to report. I have used both at least 10 times paying each as soon as I see the balance posted online. I've recieved 2 statements on each already and each time the balances never showed more than 5% utilization. I joined Bank of America's Privacy Assist with gives me scores from the 3 agencies and still I don't see these accounts. It's been almost 2 months and I'm becoming very impatient becuse I use both cards frequently with not results. Can anyone tell me the normal time frame that these should be reported and whom should I contact to make sure this is done. It's very frustrating to wait for them to update my progress. Does anyone know their procedures for reporting. Moderators please help also with your expertise.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help about when new cards start showing on credit reports

if they haven't reported yet, they'll probably report in august. some banks report only once every 2 months. most will report new TLs immediately but i guess this isn't the case for wamu and cap1.

Message Edited by rratss on 07-22-2008 07:14 PM
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, does it really take that long to report? BofA and Orchard reported my cards immediately when I opened their accounts.

Message Edited by RichRaven on 07-22-2008 11:19 PM
Message 3 of 8
Bella1980
Established Contributor

I have no idea how these people work.

I have had my orchard card for over a month...no reporting at all on my CRS.

I was approved for HSBC this weekend and it is already on my CRS.

How does that even make sense cos they are the same company.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone else chime in because I really need answers?
Message 5 of 8
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Just be patient, at least you won't get such a heavy new account ding on your scores, because as soon as they report they'll be 3 months old Smiley Wink

The time they report won't affect what date they show for account opened, so there's no harm being done in the mean time.  If they don't report in another month or so, sure call and make sure they report, because you need the history.

I have no experience with WaMu or Capital One, but my AMEX account was opened at the beginning of May and still has only recently shown up on 2 CRs.  Discover, however, took about a week.  It varies.

Message Edited by thrasher865 on 07-23-2008 05:23 AM

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Just because you haven't seen your CCs appear in your credit report doesn't mean that they haven't been reported. My new HELOC was opened at the end of May, but didn't hit my EQ credit report until a couple weeks ago. However, it said that it was first reported on June 1, and it states that it was opened in May.

You are not going to lose credit history, regardless of when these accounts appear on your reports. They exist, and when they do appear, your credit report will correct reflect the account age.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took awhile when I got Cap 1.  I think maybe after 2nd statement hit.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.