tag
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Re: Help choosing new card with no FTF?

I use BoA travel rewards card as well, plus 12 months 0% Apr

Message 11 of 15
DBB

Re: Help choosing new card with no FTF?

If you have an Amex charge card, ever thought about converting to a Platinum? Save yourself a HP and worthwhile if you can justify the annual fee

NPSL$20,000
Message 12 of 15
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help choosing new card with no FTF? (AMEX EMV chip upgrades)

Most AMEX cards can be available with the EMV chip!  NOT all AMEX CSRs know this yet, based on my call-in experience a few days ago.  First rep said NO, and that only the AMEX Centurion and Platinum cards can be upgraded to EMV!  I called back a few minutes later and reached a rep who was quite familiar with EMV chip upgrades.  She said that MOST of the AMEX cards were upgradable, including both of my AMEX Green and BCE cards!  My new cards will be expedited this week, with intended arrival to me by Friday of this week!  I believe she also said that once you upgrade to cards with EMV chips (still has a swipe strip for U.S. use), you can NOT revert back to the older non-EMV version. version.  I hope this help . . . !!!

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 13 of 15
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

I recommend BofA Travel Rewards as well.

-No FTF

-No Annual Fee

-Has EMV (Chip & Sig)

-1.5x pts (AKA 1.5% cash back) on everything (& 1.65x pts on everything if you/they have a BofA checking account)

-Even has a student version which makes it super easy to get.

Message 14 of 15
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Might want to look at the Barclay Arrival no AF card. 2X points on Travel and Restaurants- all other charges 1X points redeemable on travel. 10% back if points used on travel along with a $200 sign on bonus. Technically it's a cash back card with extra rewards to travel and restaurant spend.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.