cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me choose between Alaska/Delta credit card!

tag
JasonKR
Regular Contributor

Help me choose between Alaska/Delta credit card!

Hello guys, 

So, I'm thinking about to apply for Amex Gold Delta SkyMiles with 50,000 Miles after $1,000 spending

or BoA Alaska 50,000 Miles after $1,000 spending (SIgnature card only)

or/and CSP with 50,000 UR after $3,000 spending (Signature)

I personally would like to apply for BoA Alaska and Amex Gold Delta, but I'm afraid to get under $5,000 credit limit

Seems like Amex Gold deal is solid and I'm gonna apply after my BCE 61 day CLI

What do you think guys?

BoA Better Balance Reward - $1.5k (01/13) | Discover It for Student - $1.7k (04/13) | Capital One QuickSilver - $2k (05/13) | Amazon Rewards Visa Card - $700 (10/13) | Citi Forward for Student - $2.4k (10/13) | Amex BCE - $6k (10/13) | Chase Freedom - $1.5k (11/13) | Chase Sapphire Preferred - $6.5k (12/13) | Amex Delta Gold - $8.7k(12/13) | Chase IHG - $4k (2/14) | Chase Hyatt - $5k (2/14) | Amex Platinum (2/14) | Citi ThankYou Preferred - $3.5k (4/14) | Chase United Explorer - $5k (9/14) | Amex Delta Gold business - $3k (9/14) | I ALWAYS pay in full
(Future card: Barclaycard Arrival+, Amex SPG+Everyday, Chase Ink+Marriott, Citi Hilton Reserve+HHonors)
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help me choose between Alaska/Delta credit card!

So, you're not gardening anymore?  * Gardening till summer of 2014! * too many inquiries :smileysad:

Your profile doesn't seem to provide good measure for a Signature Version, although it's a YEMV situation.  Most Signature CCs (BOA, Chase, Citi, etc) usually tend to have better results with scores hovering north of 700.   Also, it looks like you've recently acquired a lot of new tradelines, especially in the last 6 months.  Doesn't look favorable IMO.

Message 2 of 24
JasonKR
Regular Contributor

not anymore ;D

BoA Better Balance Reward - $1.5k (01/13) | Discover It for Student - $1.7k (04/13) | Capital One QuickSilver - $2k (05/13) | Amazon Rewards Visa Card - $700 (10/13) | Citi Forward for Student - $2.4k (10/13) | Amex BCE - $6k (10/13) | Chase Freedom - $1.5k (11/13) | Chase Sapphire Preferred - $6.5k (12/13) | Amex Delta Gold - $8.7k(12/13) | Chase IHG - $4k (2/14) | Chase Hyatt - $5k (2/14) | Amex Platinum (2/14) | Citi ThankYou Preferred - $3.5k (4/14) | Chase United Explorer - $5k (9/14) | Amex Delta Gold business - $3k (9/14) | I ALWAYS pay in full
(Future card: Barclaycard Arrival+, Amex SPG+Everyday, Chase Ink+Marriott, Citi Hilton Reserve+HHonors)
Message 3 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 24
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

Just want to follow the thread Smiley Happy

I was recently approved for AMEX Delta Gold because I wanted my first AMEX card.  However BoA Alaska Air is a LOT more attractive to me for the rewards.  90% of my travel is Alaska mixed with some SWA and one trip a year maybe on Delta.

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 5 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

FinStar, the newest ERT!Smiley Surprised

LOL Smiley LOL   It's those rabid rodents that myjourney set free last time ...and the prosthetic to prove it.  The scars are a reminder of what gardening is all about.

Message 6 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@JasonKR wrote:

not anymore ;D

I'll still reiterate my prior point.  Sorry if it repeats itself....Your profile doesn't seem to provide good measure for a Signature Version, although it's a YEMV situation.  Most Signature CCs (BOA, Chase, Citi, etc) usually tend to have better results with scores hovering north of 700.   Also, it looks like you've recently acquired a lot of new tradelines, especially in the last 6 months.  Doesn't look favorable IMO.

Granted, at the end of the day, it's your credit and your HPs.  Others can chime in and provide you some direction.

Message 7 of 24
JasonKR
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys, maybe I will just stop thinking about any Signature card for a while, 

Will give a shot for Delta Amex after 61 day CLI!

Message 8 of 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

FinStar, the newest ERT!Smiley Surprised

LOL Smiley LOL   It's those rabid rodents that myjourney set free last time ...and the prosthetic to prove it.  The scars are a reminder of what gardening is all about.

ROFLOL 

Who me....lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

@JasonKR wrote:

Thanks guys, maybe I will just stop thinking about any Signature card for a while, 

Will give a shot for Delta Amex after 61 day CLI!

IMHO age those INQ's just a bit more 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.